Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

baz, bati, barnes, hart, bridcutt........

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hahaha genius the words over reaction spring to mind. Bridcutt not good enough, please

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Agree with all of that except Bridcutt, think he's class.

Oh and you can add Sandaza to the list, just a reincarnation of Turienzo

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Bridcutt was one of our better players today?
He's not perfect but he is a very tidy little player. He could comfortably be part of a promotion level eighteen. Barnes is playing horribly at the moment but he can do better, he'd be ok on the bench too.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bridcutt is a long way off class and if we had to depend on him to play week in week out we would be in trouble

He has played very well in a few games though so offers us something .

Lets be honest Barnes isnt that great but if we were blessed with strikers you'd be happy enough with him on the bench. Due to lack of options he finds himself in the team and with pressure on young shoulders.

The rest are shite I agree

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Murray and Woods/Sandaza upfront against Colchester please Gus.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Bridcutt is a long way off class and if we had to depend on him to play week in week out we would be in trouble

He has played very well in a few games though so offers us something .

You mean to say a 21 year old with less than 50 games under his belt is not a finished product? Shock horror.

Barnes isn't ready to play week in, week out.

Baz and Batti are young and adapting.

Hart is past it.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
OGH - Albion legend and will ALWAYS give 100%. But I'm saddened to say that I think that both age and lack of 1st team run-outs are now taking their toll.

Baz / Batti - I'll trust Gus and consider that they have "potential" but I think they need to adjust to the pace & physicality of the English game. Baz in the 1st half was done for attitude by the FCUM players every time when tackling. They need to "man-up".

Bridcutt - couldn't see much wrong with him today TBH. He's playing the Gus Way, which means not too many / no driving runs through midfield. He's young and is a good squad player, behind Sparrow, Navaro, Kitchen Chef and Dicker currently with the potential to step up to regular 1st team duties.

Barnes - OK, so our "top scorer" with 7 goals. But HOW MANY has he missed????? great that he gets into good positions, but a lack of a clinical end-product is taking its toll. Murray is playing the "foil" role to hold the ball up and create the chances for Barnes, which hampers Murray's ability to get into the better goal-scoring positions. Yes, he is young and still learning but I agree that his current performances suggest he'd be a good sub IF we could get a genuine "fox in the box" who coldly despatches the chances that come their way. I think it was the Bournemouth game (2nd half) which sums it up best for me, when Barnes received a terrific cross from the right wing, about 6 yards out and with only the goalie to beat. Rather than burying a header, he opted to chest the ball which allowed the defender he'd just lost to recover and toe it away. To me, I'd expect ANYONE over the age of 14 and who's played football at any level to opt for the header from 6 yards from a cross at head height with a defender breathing down their neck.

Before anyone starts flaming, I love the way that Gus has got the team playing and being 4 points clear at the top means I have to pinch myself constantly to ensure I'm not dreaming. It's up to Gus and TB to determine player budgets / personnel and I'm not questioning that. I'm simply saying what I've seen.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Murray had some bad misses when he was on today, but as he is a NSC favourite he does not seem to attract the same abuse as Ashley Barnes.

I actually feel Barnes and Murray work quite well together and am slightly disappointed that Wood is being preferred to Murrray. I thought Bridcutt had a good game today, broke up a lot play and was always finding space and making himself available.

Baz and Battti I'm afraid to say are simply not good enough and Hart is clearly on borrowed time.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
not up to it.......get rid.

im not too bothered.....the navarro, sparrow, dicker, murray, calderon, greer, etc are top players and can get us out this league, it is just that the lot in the title are really not good enough.

So you would get rid of our top scorer because he didn't have a great game today. Also, Bridcutt was my man of the match and one of the few to do okay. If you think Bridcutt is not up to it, did you go to Peterborough?

The other three you might be right but Baz and Battipiedi have only come over here this year and it is a massive step up to come straight into the team.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
Batti is unbelievably bad, it's frightening.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Of those, Hart is the only one I see that doesn't bring anything to the team (any more, bless him, he has given his all for the club so it feels bad to say it, but he doesn't give us anything any more), and doesn't have potential. I think Baz has shown something, but it seems raw, I'm not sure if it's his age, or the fact he is new to the country and still getting used to the English game, I see him as having more potential than Batti at the moment, but I think Betti has the same settling in a new country issues, so both of them have potential, and I think when you look at the stats, you see Rooney needs something like 5 shots for every goal, and for me that gives some perspective on this "yeah, barnes has scored more goals than anyone else in our team, but look at his misses!" nonsense.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hart has not been up to it for YEARS.

Strange that Gus sees him good enough to have as a regular sub then. Then again what does a professional football manager know about players and football over a two-bit journo ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here