Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Battipeidi

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Hang on, David Lee... He was terrible but it was made worse because we gave away Matt Wicks (who I thought was quite good) to get him. And Matt Wicks finished his debut with a bloody headband!

Also on the worse players list:

Colin Hawkins;
Paul Kitson (injury based);
David Yelldell;
Graeme Smith.

Finally, Johnny Dixon was, BY FAR the worst player we've paid money for in the Withdean years. Holroyd and Turienzo don't hold a candle to the rotund one.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
One good memory of Batti - playing at Northampton, as they stood on our goal-line waiting for a corner to come in he was flicking their forward's ear - the guy was so distracted by this that the ball came across and over his head without him even noticing it.

One of the few good things to come out of a disastrous night and a way better player than his oppo "Chino" Baz who I don't think ever performed to any standard despite seeming to have some potential.

brighton fc

Jan 28, 2009
brighton
The bloke couldn't even run he still looked crap when we played Woking there probly has been players worse but he just sticks in mind probly as most recent. obviously noone else thinks his good as he still has no club !

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I remember the first minute Turienzo was on the pitch he looked absolutely f***ing unbelievable. His first touch was to bring one down on his chest, back to goal 40 yards out, flick it over his shoulder and volley not that far over. I thought we had Bobby Zamora MkII. Nope. He proceeded to then have the worst 90 minutes I've personally seen any Albion player ever have, culminating in an atrocious dive in the area with no-one around him which I distinctly remember their keeper pissing himself at.

Battipiedi wasn't even close to the worst player ever. He had a good touch and very decent passing, but he didn't have the pace or physicality to cope with English football. Likewise Baz had a terrific shot on him and looked dangerous cutting in off the flank, but his positional awareness was appauling. I wish them both luck - they both tried hard and unlike Sandaza they didn't give billy big bollocks interviews when they got released. Good luck to them both, I'm sure they'll be picked up at a lower level or abroad somewhere - both were technically competent enough to make a half-decent living somewhere lower down the footballing pyramid.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
This topic comes up so regularly - Valur Gislassen, during the Withdean years anybody? That said, Ashley Neal was pure dogsh*t, Mahoney-Johnson just clearly never gave a sh*t. Farrington was Pele compared to those three.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
None of these mentioned is even fit to wipe the dogshit from Dirk Lehmans boots.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I doubt i'll ever see another Brighton player take a penalty for it to hit the bar then bounce back to the halfway line :facepalm:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
This topic comes up so regularly - Valur Gislassen, during the Withdean years anybody? That said, Ashley Neal was pure dogsh*t, Mahoney-Johnson just clearly never gave a sh*t. Farrington was Pele compared to those three.

I saw Gislason at the Goldstone in the darkest days - he never got anywhere near the Withdean, thankfully. Also, Mahoney-Johnson only played 45 minutes in Albion shirt on loan from QPR and left us to play county football, I believe, after we cancelled his 4-week loan early.

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
I saw Gislason at the Goldstone in the darkest days - he never got anywhere near the Withdean, thankfully. Also, Mahoney-Johnson only played 45 minutes in Albion shirt on loan from QPR and left us to play county football, I believe, after we cancelled his 4-week loan early.

Valur Gislarsson played at gillingham. He was on loan from arsenal and was utter shite

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I spoke to AB the other day, and apparently he follows NSC. He said, 'Theese rep theeeng iz for ze, ow yoo say, bendeeers!...' :rolleyes:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

I obviously meant Gillingham years, not Withdean when I mentioned Gislassen! Sorry.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Torienzo was pretty bad as well considering the money we spent on him at the time was quite a lot of money to us, but yeah i have to agree that the gillingham home days was the worst ever

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
I spoke to AB the other day, and apparently he follows NSC. He said, 'Theese rep theeeng iz for ze, ow yoo say, bendeeers!...' :rolleyes:

oh, didnt know he was french.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here