Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Nothing would make Dirk Lehman look any better than Ashley Neal

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
ooooooooooooooooooh Santos is a great call! But still think Lehman worse the definition of the crappiest of the crap.

Bati might have been a good player given a chance and cant understand why anyone would give him a hard time. Certainly not good enough for the Championship.

persoanlly its the Fox brothers... so bad we had two of them!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Les Berry. Looked like Josimar in a home friendly against his old club Charlton, then played like Josie Lawrence for the rest of his 'career' with us. Once managed to put an attempted cross into the North stand penalty area onto the roof of the West stand. From the West stand touchline. Stupendously bad player.

I'd second Ashley Neal, but would also add Les Briley, and that chap at centre half who gave away two goals at Brentford, was taken off at half time and never heard from again. What was his name?

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mark Farrington

I will add Stuart Munday into the mix, but I am sure many will disagree. Have never seen a full back play the ball into touch so damn often. Goal at leicester was a ONE OFF.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I give you ... David Cameron

Only other things you'll need are a cow's backside and a BANJO :bigwave:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Shane McFaul (harsh I know as we didn't really see a lot of him)

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Spot on there!!
Tiltman didnt look like a footballer and didnt move like one or play like one, it was just all wrong. The thing that made Tiltman all the worse was he got picked ahead of Dean Saunders?????

I would say Mark Farrington but he scored an injury time equaliser in front on the North Stand in the 90th Minute against Newcastle (I think) to make it 2-2 around 1991 or 2. As he slid in it sort of bounced off his forehead onto his foot and hit the underside of the cross bar and down onto him and his momentum took it over the line. Brilliant Comedy Goal that was also wildly celebrated!!

What makes them seem worse is they we terrible players playing in half decenty teams, so if I really think about it..... most players under Geoff Wood wouldn't be able to shine their boots.

Unbelieveable to think Barry Lloyd paid 100k for Farrington from Feyenoord.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Michael Mahoney-Johnson - the single worst professional footballer I have ever seen. It was embarrassing to watch. He was subbed off at half time and never played professionally again.

Until you saw Batti play, I take it? Battipiedi did well when he can on away to Posh and had a few other moments, ok some bad, but we certainly have had a lot worse, as people have pointed out. The worst definitely being son of Phil, Ashley Neal!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Georges Santos really was attrocious. And Im sure there were worse players that played at Gillingham that I've deliberately blanked from my memory but no player has ever come closer to making me weep more than 'The Trolley'.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Until you saw Batti play, I take it? Battipiedi did well when he can on away to Posh and had a few other moments, ok some bad, but we certainly have had a lot worse, as people have pointed out. The worst definitely being son of Phil, Ashley Neal!

Mahoney-Johnson was far, far worse than Battipiedi.. I never said he was the worst in the Albion shirt or even close to it. You're confusing me with someone else..

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I saw a combination of the worst player AND the worst match I ever saw whilst at Gillingham - our "home" match against Doncaster as a special fans day. 0-0, neither side had a shot on goal and we played Michael Mahoney-Johnson - the single worst professional footballer I have ever seen. It was embarrassing to watch. He was subbed off at half time and never played professionally again.
That is so correct....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports