Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Batley & Spen by-election

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Let’s hope the next bit of good news to come out of Batley and Spen is that the teacher that is in fear of his life,for daring to show a cartoon of a fictional character is free to get on with the job he loves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m sure his Union is looking after him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's a strange world where just about hanging on to a seat that has been Labour for 20 + years after 12 long years of Conservative government is viewed a 'fantastic result', success or as a turning point.

I remember the days when the official opposition party would romp home, increase their majority and actually take seats off the governing party ...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's a strange world where just about hanging on to a seat that has been Labour for 20 + years after 12 long years of Conservative government is viewed a 'fantastic result', success or as a turning point.

I remember the days when the official opposition party would romp home, increase their majority and actually take seats off the governing party ...

I’m certainly not dancing in the street but it’s a good sign that there is a growing scepticism of the once glorious Tory party.
They were expected to smash this. Labour stopped them.
I do celebrate that Galloway’s race baiting and shit stirring failed to find an audience.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Got to be the most unsubtle, irrelevant, thread hijack we've seen yet :lolol::lolol:

From a Labour victory to Muslim extremists. Only on NSC 2021. :facepalm::lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m certainly not dancing in the street but it’s a good sign that there is a growing scepticism of the once glorious Tory party.
They were expected to smash this. Labour stopped them.
I do celebrate that Galloway’s race baiting and shit stirring failed to find an audience.

I don’t think anyone expected the Tories to smash this, it was more about the divisions on the left destroying themselves. They were always backed to ‘sneak it’ by sitting back, doing nothing, and letting Galloway do all the hard anti-Labour campaigning.

Galloway certainly managed to find an audience though. He got 22% of the vote in a constituency with an 18% Muslim population by inciting hate, division and anger at the Labour Party on it’s ambiguous stance on (amongst other things) Kashmir, Palestine & the teaching of Homosexuality in schools. So much so, that the majority of the 8,000+ voters he wooed were willing to let a Tory in (with the appalling Islamophobia rife in their party) rather than get a decent honest MP from the constituency who actually cares about local people above all else. He almost achieved his aim. I’m certainly not celebrating this, I think it’s horrific that he got so much support.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t think anyone expected the Tories to smash this, it was more about the divisions on the left destroying themselves. They were always backed to ‘sneak it’ by sitting back, doing nothing, and letting Galloway do all the hard anti-Labour campaigning.

Galloway certainly managed to find an audience though. He got 22% of the vote in a constituency with an 18% Muslim population by inciting hate, division and anger at the Labour Party on it’s ambiguous stance on (amongst other things) Kashmir, Palestine & the teaching of Homosexuality in schools. So much so, that the majority of the 8,000+ voters he wooed were willing to let a Tory in (with the appalling Islamophobia rife in their party) rather than get a decent honest MP from the constituency who actually cares about local people above all else. He almost achieved his aim. I’m certainly not celebrating this, I think it’s horrific that he got so much support.

Very good points. I hadn't looked at the figures. My mistake.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Labour won and thereby beat the Muslim extremists supporting George Galloway. Very relevant.

If it weren't for the posters involved, that would be getting somewhere near believable :lolol:

Anyway, bloody good result and very beneficial to the UK that Galloway failed. I knew he was a weirdo but didn't realise he was such a vile human.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Good, we need people like him back at work, not fearing for his life from religious fanatics.

This, no place for religious bigotry and intimidation in a tolerant Britain, let’s all agree that this poor teacher should be able to return safely to Batley Grammar.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You missed the homophobia aimed at Kim who is gay, which doesn't go down well with Muslims. He tried to deflect her votes with this. People were also saying she was only getting the sympathy vote because her sister had been murdered. The campaigning got very murky indeed. Fortunately Jayda Fransen (who had the bare-faced gall to stand) ex Britain First deputy, only got 50 votes.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You missed the homophobia aimed at Kim who is gay, which doesn't go down well with Muslims. He tried to deflect her votes with this. People were also saying she was only getting the sympathy vote because her sister had been murdered. The campaigning got very murky indeed. Fortunately Jayda Fransen (who had the bare-faced gall to stand) ex Britain First deputy, only got 50 votes.

I genuinely don’t know the answer to this but why is Homosexuality so despised by Muslims?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I genuinely don’t know the answer to this but why is Homosexuality so despised by Muslims?

Especially as it's so widespread in Muslim communities among the youth.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Yes, we know you're a Tory, JCF

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Labour won and thereby beat the Muslim extremists supporting George Galloway. Very relevant.

If I was given the choice between Galloway and the Tories I would vote Tory.

And I never vote Tory.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I don’t think it’s just Muslims. I’m not aware of many religions or belief systems where homosexuality is embraced let alone tolerated. Huge elements of Orthodox, Catholic & Evangelical Christianity are equally at odds with homosexuality in my experience.

Why?

I’m guessing because it wasn’t well understood or tolerated thousands of years ago when many religions developed their original central doctrines or dogmas.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I don’t think it’s just Muslims. I’m not aware of many religions or belief systems where homosexuality is embraced let alone tolerated. Huge elements of Orthodox, Catholic & Evangelical Christianity are equally at odds with homosexuality in my experience.

Why?

I’m guessing because it wasn’t well understood or tolerated thousands of years ago when many religions developed their original central doctrines or dogmas.

yep, this

it's despised in hardcore Christian circles as well. It most certainly wouldn't be fun being gay in a primarily Muslim nation (Saudi Arabia etc), but it's probably not much fun in a lot of hardcore Christian countries where it would be a miserable experience as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here