Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barton

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Nothing in it in terms of.... Scouse thug villain **** tries stamping the poor innocent Brighton player's leg to dust.

Why are you defending him? All he did before joining you lot was slag Burnley off on social media.

Have you lot already forgotten the bottle of coke which hit his head? I hope not as it was a very proud moment to be a Burnley fan.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Barton is a @u^t of the highest order......he knows how to blind-side the ref and is a nasty , unlikeable character , unless he plays for your team. In which case he is , no doubt a ****in hero.......:tosser:

Jan 10, 2014
Why are you defending him? All he did before joining you lot was slag Burnley off on social media.

Have you lot already forgotten the bottle of coke which hit his head? I hope not as it was a very proud moment to be a Burnley fan.

I'm not defending him, I don't need to. If as an adult you can't take a bit of stick (Burnley fans were giving it plenty on social media to him at the time ) then football and what it entails isn't for the easily offended.

The bottle was a great shot though.

Jan 10, 2014
Barton is a @u^t of the highest order......he knows how to blind-side the ref and is a nasty , unlikeable character , unless he plays for your team. In which case he is , no doubt a ****in hero.......:tosser:

I don't know if it takes a part of a season to be a hero at Brighton, but it takes considerably longer than that to be a hero at Burnley.

Jan 10, 2014
Bobby Moore not good enough for Burnley?

When were you Champions of England? We were Champions in 1910.

A bit of a WHOOOOSH there Megazone, never mind.

1960 was when we were Champions.

Edit - Sorry and 1921 as well

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Didn't think there was anything wrong with the elbow on balance but that stamp was seriously nasty. And I am the only one convinced that Barton wasn't fouled for the free-kick which effectively led to their equaliser? Dunk seemed to win the ball. Then be celebrated right in Dunk's face rather than joining the rest of the team. Classy guy.

It didn't look a foul to me either, and I had a decent view from the WSU - Dunk took the ball cleanly and Barton only fell over after he'd gone.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I used to like Barton, but he was a disgrace yesterday, not only the stamp, but he was in the refs ear all game. I actually feel sorry for him. I always think of the Peter Sellers character Chauncy Gardner in the film
Being There, which is about a simpleton who made quotes and people thought he was a genius, but he was as thick as 2 bricks.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It didn't look a foul to me either, and I had a decent view from the WSU - Dunk took the ball cleanly and Barton only fell over after he'd gone.

I rewound it 3 or 4 times last night and it really looks like Dunk got there cleanly enough not to be penalised. Shame because I'd been thinking how well we'd done at not giving away free-kicks in those areas compared to previous games. For all the Burnley fans saying people were only making a fuss yesterday because it was Barton, I think quite the opposite. His reputation actually seemed to work in his favour - the ref convinced himself we were trying to use that reputation to get him sent off. I can't recall ever seeing a player have the officials so much in his pocket. If a less high profile player like Dale Stephens had behaved like that throughout there were probably 3 occasions when he'd have been booked (for fouling, persistent fouling and dissent) and 1 or 2 straight reds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here