Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Barton to face no retrospective action"

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Burnley . Doesn't alter the fact though does it .
All this nonsense about Burnley being a nasty team and Burnley being a horrible place is rather infantile and in all probability sour grapes . You were the better team on Saturday probably up to the last 20 minutes or so and from what I've seen on TV which is around 6 matches that was your best performance by some distance and you look a good side . The fact that you didn't win is hardly our fault ; all teams have games they should have won as is true of the reverse . You could have lost had the "goal" we scored counted as it should have BUT , and it's a big but , maybe had that counted the game would still have ended in a draw , who knows .

Brighton as a team are no angels and Dunk springs to mind but we are not a dirty side and the stats back that up . As for Barton . He's been no angel throughout his career and I was sceptical when he signed but since joining us he's been kicked from pillar to post with little or no protection and never complained .

I'd like the pair of us to be promoted mainly because of your manager who imo is a decent man not to mention a decent manager . To finish - I've no axe to grind against your club so haven't come on here to do anything other than discuss football . We all have rose tinted spectacles when it comes to our own team .

I have to agree with this. As a North West based Seagulls fan I have nothing bad to say against Burnley fans. A proper football club with a great heritage. We were probably a tad fortunate to get a draw at Turf Moor. A great first half save from Stockdale and a bad miss at the end by your right sided midfielder. So overall two draws is a fair reflection of the two games. 1600 away fans for a game starting at 12.30. We took 350 to TM on a Sunday lunchtime. Both games on Sky.
However, my view of Barton is that he is a snidely little scouse ******* who tried to break Kayals leg with a stamp that should have resulted in a red card. He can't help the fact that his brother is a murderer but his own actions over the years have hardly helped his cause. But the fact is that Kayal survived the assault and will play again this season.
We need to move on and win our last seven games and go up with Burnley.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Burnley . Doesn't alter the fact though does it .
All this nonsense about Burnley being a nasty team and Burnley being a horrible place is rather infantile and in all probability sour grapes .We all have rose tinted spectacles when it comes to our own team .

I don't think Burnley are a horrible team, though Boyd is still a bit of a knob. Your team worked their socks off to get a result, but Barton is just a cowardly thug and if it had been any other referee he would have been off, that is what irks me. Personally, don't care where anyone lives, its a football forum.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just a shame nobody was prepared to stand up for the Albion and Kayal.

All of a sudden I miss El Abd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here