Baroness Thatcher - Dead / RIP

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I'll acknowledge Major, but to say he deserves more credit than Bush is just cloud cuckoo land stuff. Yes, YEARS LOST X 1000, I think you are wrong - deal with it.

What did Bush have to do with the Peace Process? (Edit: you have now admitted it was a mistake for Blair.)

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Blair, my mistake.

Nah, I'm done. My point was, the hunger strikes delayed a peace process / a Good Friday agreement by 10 years, you think the opposite and say I don't know the facts. I DON't say the PP was viable in 1981, but it could have been done much quicker than it was.

No, IRA terrorism delayed a peace process by 70 years. Longer, if you include the efforts made by Gladstone.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
No, IRA terrorism delayed a peace process by 70 years. Longer, if you include the efforts made by Gladstone.

You are mental.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
That's always the case in any democracy. The party with the most votes wins, but unless they get 51%, they will never actually be the majority of vots. Everyone knows that. But you can't let the other parties form a government, just because, between them, they got more votes than the party who got the most votes. That's not how any election works. Anywhere.

Jesus Christ you're a Muppet.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
How about you tell us how many of them do work?

I don't know, and I couldn't give a flying f@#!. It's not even relevant. All I am asking is for the guy who said he was "amazed at how many don't work" to tell us how many that is, which he hasn't done, because he doesn't actually know.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Jesus Christ you're a Muppet.

I'm ONLY referring to the post you quoted - how is she a muppet ? Show any British government in modern history that had a majority of the vote ?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I'm ONLY referring to the post you quoted - how is she a muppet ? Show any British government in modern history that had a majority of the vote ?

I can't work out if you lot are on a wind up, are stupid, or just can't read.

For the record, it is ME who has been claiming that Thatcher DIDN'T HAVE A MAJORITY OF THE VOTE all along. It is HOVA GIRL who has been claiming she did. Please try reading the thread.

I called her a Muppet because SHE is now lecturing ME on how no elected government ever had a majority of the vote, when it was SHE and not ME who claimed they did.

Jesus wept!

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Keep it to reasoned healthy debate, name calling is playground stuff.

Thanks
Tony

I plead mitigating circumstances, have you seen some of those posts? I mean, come on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports