Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baroness Thatcher - Dead / RIP

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
So many ramblings on here now...

Thatcher had balls, was an inspirational leader and did well to get to the premier in British politics. There isn't a post war prime minister other than Thatcher that i would want leading me to war.

She will be missed by me anyway. She was a real character.

However just the privatising of everything is enough to call her government a big f**k up with huge implications for future generations. How can any Thatcher lover deny this?? Please tell me?? This isn't including the 1980 housing act just to mention another poor policy.

Closing the mines was inevitable but not in such a short space of time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Question time is definitely one to avoid tonight for the Thatcher wankathon. Disgusted at the BBC moving it from Rochdale to Finchley.

The BBC doesn't want to be seen as impartial.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
No you didn't , you said the majority of the population were against her, and then tried to back it up with voting statistics .

In any case, the voting figures posted by someone else clearly show a majority voted for someone else. This really isn't difficult.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You said you were "surprised at how many actually do not work". That suggests you actually know how many that is. It's become pretty obvious, hasn't it, that actually you have no idea. They might all have jobs for all you know. Just admit you were bullshitting and I'll leave it alone :)

Can you read properly, i said "many do not work"...i gave no figures, you asked for figures, you find them.

The fact these people can attend any demonstration at any point of the day and for days on end points to the fact they don't have jobs to go to or are students
and of course its not enough for some...when they are in a hole they always throw in the old numbers game.....a bit of a give away are those arrested who then have to say whether they are students or the work shy.

Feb 3, 2013
Question time is definitely one to avoid tonight for the Thatcher wankathon. Disgusted at the BBC moving it from Rochdale to Finchley.

Question time is for the looney left anyway. The BBC are so far left that if any producers had a puncture in the their right tire then they'd be clueless on how to change it as they only know left.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Question time is for the looney left anyway. The BBC are so far left that if any producers had a puncture in the their right tire then they'd be clueless on how to change it as they only know left.

The man at the top of BBC politics, the political editor, is a Tory.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Craig Parr is employed at Labour leader Ed Miliband’s old school, Haverstock School in north London – nicknamed ‘Labour’s Eton’, the 27-year-old special needs teacher and union activist led chants of ‘Maggie, Maggie, Maggie, dead, dead, dead’ at a death party he organised in Brixton, south London, on Monday night which ended in violent scenes.
Romany Blythe, 45, a drama teacher who helps troubled children at schools in Brighton, has created an internet page called: ‘The witch is dead' and encouraged thousands to 'p***' on the Iron Lady's grave. 'I didn't do the rioting - I just organised a Facebook page,' she said. I'm actually the voice of reason I didn't fan the flames.

Good example to their pupils, aren't they.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Can you read properly, i said "many do not work"...i gave no figures, you asked for figures, you find them.

The fact these people can attend any demonstration at any point of the day and for days on end points to the fact they don't have jobs to go to or are students
and of course its not enough for some...when they are in a hole they always throw in the old numbers game.....a bit of a give away are those arrested who then have to say whether they are students or the work shy.

You are obviously the one who can't read properly: and you wrote it. You said "I was amazed at how many do not work". I'm used to seeing people indulge in selective quoting of others, but this is a first for me, someone who selectively quotes himself. If you were amazed by the number who don't work, then you must know how many that is.

How do you know that these people can attend any demonstration, any time and for days on end? How do you know it isn't different people taking turns at different demonstrations? I don't think you know anything about them at all, do you?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
No, but he sold our gold at a rock-bottom price. The value of our currency depends on how much gold we have in our national vaults. It means our currency isn't actually backed up by enough gold.

Yep.
Between 1999 and 2002, Mr Brown ordered the sale of almost 400 tons of the gold reserves when the price was at a 20-year low. Since then, the price has more than quadrupled, meaning the decision cost taxpayers an estimated £7 billion, according to Mike Warburton of the accountants Grant Thornton.
It is understood that Mr Brown pushed ahead with the sale despite serious misgivings at the Bank of England. It is not thought that senior Bank experts were even consulted about the decision, which was driven through by a small group of senior Treasury aides close to Mr Brown.
Explain why you sold Britain's gold, Gordon Brown told - Telegraph

A few more links, just in case some are not happy with the first tabloid report.
Gordon Brown Sold Britain’s Gold at Artificially Low Prices to Bail Out a Large American Bank | Zero Hedge
Gordon Brown Gold Sales - Browns Bottom Gold | UK Gold Reserves
How much did Gordon Brown's gold sale cost us?
And from HIS own WIKI page.
Between 1999 and 2002 Brown sold 60% of the UK's gold reserves shortly before gold entered a protracted bull market, since nicknamed by dealers as Brown Bottom. The official reason for selling the gold reserves was to reduce the portfolio risk of the UK's reserves by diversifying away from gold. The UK eventually sold about 395 tons of gold over 17 auctions from July 1999 to March 2002, at an average price of about US$275 per ounce, raising approximately US$3.5 billion. By 2011, that quantity of gold would be worth over $19 billion, leading to Brown's decision to sell the gold being widely criticised.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Yep.
Between 1999 and 2002, Mr Brown ordered the sale of almost 400 tons of the gold reserves when the price was at a 20-year low. Since then, the price has more than quadrupled, meaning the decision cost taxpayers an estimated £7 billion, according to Mike Warburton of the accountants Grant Thornton.
It is understood that Mr Brown pushed ahead with the sale despite serious misgivings at the Bank of England. It is not thought that senior Bank experts were even consulted about the decision, which was driven through by a small group of senior Treasury aides close to Mr Brown.
Explain why you sold Britain's gold, Gordon Brown told - Telegraph

A few more links, just in case some are not happy with the first tabloid report.
Gordon Brown Sold Britain’s Gold at Artificially Low Prices to Bail Out a Large American Bank | Zero Hedge
Gordon Brown Gold Sales - Browns Bottom Gold | UK Gold Reserves
How much did Gordon Brown's gold sale cost us?
And from HIS own WIKI page.
Between 1999 and 2002 Brown sold 60% of the UK's gold reserves shortly before gold entered a protracted bull market, since nicknamed by dealers as Brown Bottom. The official reason for selling the gold reserves was to reduce the portfolio risk of the UK's reserves by diversifying away from gold. The UK eventually sold about 395 tons of gold over 17 auctions from July 1999 to March 2002, at an average price of about US$275 per ounce, raising approximately US$3.5 billion. By 2011, that quantity of gold would be worth over $19 billion, leading to Brown's decision to sell the gold being widely criticised.

Criticised because he didn't have a crystal ball, maybe? Sounds a bit like criticising someone for not picking the right lottery numbers.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
How do you know that these people can attend any demonstration, any time and for days on end? How do you know it isn't different people taking turns at different demonstrations? I don't think you know anything about them at all, do you?

How do you know, it is different people turning up at demonstrations?..how do you know when or if they are having days off?
Funny how at a moments notice they can take time off, and a few days at that.
Do you know more than me then, or as you said of me, is your assumptions just bullshit.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
How do you know, it is different people turning up at demonstrations?..how do you know when or if they are having days off?
Funny how at a moments notice they can take time off, and a few days at that.
Do you know more than me then, or as you said of me, is your assumptions just bullshit.

I didn't make any assumptions about them at all. You did. I am as ignorant of facts about them as I suspect you are. The difference is, if I don't know what I'm talking about, I usually keep my gob shut.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here