Baroness Thatcher - Dead / RIP

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think my eyes were well and truly opened in the early to mid 2000's. I worked on 3 new schools in Crawley......i thought great, new schools and the "Education, education education" Bliar words. Then i realised that HBG the building firm who made their money in dredging, actually owned the schools and would rent them back and the government (taxpayer) would have to pay for 30 years. The building firm would supply everything, pens, paper etc etc...at a very big cost. This was happening with (good old Labour "building new schools :rolleyes:) everywhere.
I also worked on the new Children's Hospital in Brighton, remember it was built by a Japanese firm....well they owned it, leased it back and supplied all equipment..again i believe on a 30 year lease. We are still paying through the nose every year for many buildings we do not own..... but the sheeple think that good old Liebour were the party that were putting money into "Education education education" and the NHS.
Just two examples......then the tit Brown sold most of our Gold at the rock bottom price, i believe to the Rothchilds.....a back hander perhaps?
Liebour are disgraceful, have ruined this country, the Tories are bad, but not as bad......well they are crap as well actually....all snouts in troughs.

Last edited:

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I think my eyes were well and truly opened in the early to mid 2000's. I worked on 3 new schools in Crawley......i thought great, new schools and the "Education, education education" Bliar words. Then i realised that HBG the building firm who made their money in dredging, actually owned the schools and would rent them back and the government (taxpayer) would have to pay for 30 years. The building firm would supply everything, pens, paper etc etc...at a very big cost. This was happening with (good old Labour "building new schools :rolleyes:) everywhere.
I also worked on the new Children's Hospital in Brighton, remember it was built by a Japanese firm....well they owned it, leased it back and supplied all equipment..again i believe on a 30 year lease. We are still paying through the nose every year for many buildings we do not own..... but the sheeple think that good old Liebour were the party that were putting money into "Education education education" and the NHS.
Just two examples......then the tit Brown sold most of our Gold at the rock bottom price, i believe to the Rothchilds.....a back hander perhaps?
Liebour are disgraceful, have ruined this country, the Tories are bad, but not as bad......

And how many members of the SWP don't work again?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Hands up who thinks these people were not even conceived let alone born during the last Tory government, let alone the Thatcher era...???
25hha15.jpg

I don't think even their parents were conceived at the time of the Thatcher Government.

St Moritz

Nov 19, 2012
I think an income tax is morally wrong. There are other ways to raise revenues for the services which the government should provide, and it ought to provide a lot less than it does today, which I think would make providing what it ought to possible without an income tax.

I am weary of the argument that the role of government is to provide safety. The government cannot make us totally safe without destroying our Liberty, and the purpose of government should be the protection of your Liberty.
Income tax should be raised and to offset this, VAT should be reduced by a lot. That way people will still pay an equitable % of their wages on tax. If I buy a telly, I pay a much larger proportion of my income on the VAT whereas Lord Monk de Wally de Honk pays a fraction of his income on the Vat. Much fairer to those on lower incomes if you ask me.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
The majority of the British people never supported her - that is a simple fact.

The simple fact is they did. And voted her in three times. She was Prime Minister for 11 years. The Conservatives were in power for a further 7 years after that. 18 years' continuous rule.

The simple fact is that the majority of Left-Wing people didn't and don't support her. Even those who don't even know what Left-Wing is.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The simple fact is they did. And voted her in three times. She was Prime Minister for 11 years. The Conservatives were in power for a further 7 years after that. 18 years' continuous rule.

The simple fact is that the majority of Left-Wing people didn't and don't support her. Even those who don't even know what Left-Wing is.

You don't need the majority of people to vote for you to win an election.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's called the First Past the Post system. Do you endorse Proportional Representation, then?

I am not endorsing anything, I am just pointing out that winning 3 general elections doesn't mean that the majority of people supported her.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I said "many do not work", i did not give a figure. If you want to know how many, do your own research....then tell me. As i said "many do not work".
You said you were "surprised at how many actually do not work". That suggests you actually know how many that is. It's become pretty obvious, hasn't it, that actually you have no idea. They might all have jobs for all you know. Just admit you were bullshitting and I'll leave it alone :)

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Well, not enough people supported the other parties, either, so she won.
Not really the point though is it? You accused another poster of being "thick" to suggest the majority of people didn't support her, when actually the poster is correct. Maybe you ought to apologise?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not really the point though is it? You accused another poster of being "thick" to suggest the majority of people didn't support her, when actually the poster is correct. Maybe you ought to apologise?

Indeed. She never won more than 36% of the vote and was the most divisive pm we have ever had. Most disliked her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports