Baroness Thatcher - Dead / RIP

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
A lady that did some awful things to people and communities in this country and abroad. Can't say i'm sad at all to hear of her dying.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
#NoStateFuneral is STILL trending on twitter.

Just proves how ill-informed people are and how many people are just jumping on the bandwagon. Doesnt take much to read the news and see that she isnt getting one.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
1979 - 43.9% of the vote
1983 - 42.4% of the vote
1987 - 42.2% of the vote

She was electorially very very popular.

Intersting stats. So she made her party less popular with each year she was in power.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah, you're right, I made up the Ridley plan and the studies in the 80s about viability. Also the families from communities that over twenty years on still haven't recovered from the devastation, they must be a figment of my imagination. I'll bow down to your superior "chats" with a bloke from the pub, and how people are more likely to die young when mining compared to the armed forces.

You keep waving your flag for thatcher, I'll pass on it myself.

Oh and no I don't vote labour.

I think you're wasting your time, aguing with that one, tbh. Doesn't care for reality much.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
She's getting the same type of funeral as Queen Mum and Diana. Except she'n not going to be lying in state.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Should mention that a lot of Scousers on Twitter are rejoicing her death, obviously to do with Hillsborough. But if anyone was rejoicing at the death of a Hillsborough victim (and im certainly not), then they would be up in arms - its not right.

To them, she's probably on about the same level as Hitler. Playing devil's advocate, would you have a problem with someone rejoicing at Hitler's death?

No, it is entirely right. The Hillsborough victims were just that - victims. She was a self-serving and evil ideologist.

[MENTION=23454]HawkTheSeagull[/MENTION] The city of Liverpool's hatred of Thatcher and her government is not just about Hillsborough. More about the willful and deliberate 'managed decline' of their city, which was too left eaning, and too powerful for her tastes.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
She's getting the same type of funeral as Queen Mum and Diana.
What a waste of money. How can ANYONE justify the expense involved? At least there is some evidence that the royal farce pays for itself through increased tourism...

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
1979 - 43.9% of the vote
1983 - 42.4% of the vote
1987 - 42.2% of the vote

As an aside
Blair in 1997 got 43.2%
Cameron in 2010 got 36.1%

She was electorially very very popular.

1981 Likely majority for Labour
1982 Landslide for Labour
Something happened that year that swung the balance. And when panic gripped my school that Scotland had been invaded, we came together as a country regardless of politics. Maybe the residual effect on society was too high a price. But quoting percentages is a bit wrong especially as the SDP and Liberals didn't feature too highly in those stats. I think the point is that if the right goes to the left, and the left moves to the right and the middle becomes disorientated that consensus politics might be a way forward.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Intersting stats. So she made her party less popular with each year she was in power.

agreed - but a 1.7% drop over 8 years with her policies is imo staggering....

Blair when from 43.2% in 1997 to 40.7% in 2001 to 35.2% in 2005 an 8% drop over the equivilant time - i guess thats what you get for being a war criminal?

Some quite repulsive comments on this thread to be honest and I'm no shrinking violet hand wringer.

The woman had, if I remember correctly been suffering from dementia for many years, she was old and frail, and quite probably met her end not knowing who she was, what she had done in life and what impact her time in power had on any individual or their families.

But hey, lets have a party.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports