Baroness Thatcher - Dead / RIP

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
But for some people, her politics did destroy their livelihoods. I'm not condoning it, but you can understand where the anger stems from?

In a way, but say a family member of those celebrating her death did the same thing - would they like people celebrating their death ?

Its just disgusting in my opinion - theres a family who has lost someone at the end of the day.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes, she did support the police a lot. No doubt that stopped a lot of scousers and their robbing tricks.

So you don't think she affected a single honest hard-working person's life in a negative way?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Just announced... She is having a state funeral...

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I celebrated when she left Downing Street but feel no need to party today at the passing of an old lady who's had no influence on the political agenda for almost two decades.

How many of those feeling the need to celebrate today were also putting out the bunting when Saddam Hussein, Bin Laden and Gadaffi met their ends? Very few, I would guess.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thatcher's dream of a permanent North-South divide turned into reality with her ideology.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
never celebrate someone's passing particularly when their legacy and the damage she did will live on for decades to come.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Sometimes it's best to say nothing where saying something achieves no more..

An old lady has died. Condolences to her family.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
R.I.P. Mrs.T.

Regardless of one's own political views,the comments from some of our so called tolerant leftie liberal compassionate contributors on this board, are in very poor taste.
Not entirely unexpected though.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
So you don't think she affected a single honest hard-working person's life in a negative way?

Yes, no doubt some miners at the time. But they were not viable, and have far better standards of living now after the money she pumped into their areas to regenerate them. Just because some people lots their jobs, it was still the right thing to do at the time. Have you ever spoken to people who's dads were miners, and asked them if they feel lucky not to have followed them down pits, and to be in decent modern jobs now? I have, and they do!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
R.I.P. Mrs.T.

Regardless of one's own political views,the comments from some of our so called tolerant leftie liberal compassionate contributors on this board, are in very poor taste.
Not entirely unexpected though.

Quite.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just announced... She is having a state funeral...

Ridiculous , the Tory millionaires should be having a whip round to pay for her funeral , she made them even richer.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Never mind, she had the last laugh as she never had to live in Liverpool and nick cars for a living.

Oi. I've just started a new job in Liverpool.

2009 VW Golf GTI, full service history, 29,000 miles, £7,000............cash only.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports