Baroness Thatcher - Dead / RIP

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Should mention that a lot of Scousers on Twitter are rejoicing her death, obviously to do with Hillsborough. But if anyone was rejoicing at the death of a Hillsborough victim (and im certainly not), then they would be up in arms - its not right.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
This is the woman who said that Mandela is a terrorist and we should never apply sanctions to end apartheid

if you'd read the Sunday Times this week you'd have seen this Mandela headline is just that, a headline - she actually disliked intensely the Boer regime but played what was a very complex and potentially disastrous situation in a way to ensure there wasn't an all out civil war between the white and black population like in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe and Mandela, after supposidly talking to her about it upon his release, has never once ever criticised her logic or stance taken.....the fact a peaceful transition happened was in some small part from the long game she played - blame for her some things but at least try and make them ones that have good reason to stick!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This is the woman who said that Mandela is a terrorist and we should never apply sanctions to end apartheid

But to be fair that wasn't ideological, it was simply that Denis was making vast sums of money there and didn't want to upset the status quo

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Like her or not, the woman was a proper LEADER, the sort of leadership this country is crying out for after 5 years of stagnation.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Should mention that a lot of Scousers on Twitter are rejoicing her death, obviously to do with Hillsborough. But if anyone was rejoicing at the death of a Hillsborough victim (and im certainly not), then they would be up in arms - its not right.

To them, she's probably on about the same level as Hitler. Playing devil's advocate, would you have a problem with someone rejoicing at Hitler's death?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
You're quite an angry person today, with your liberal (no irony intended) dishing out of abuse.

If her passing upsets you that much, I suggest you leave NSC to do some grieving, rather than go out of your way to look for people who didn't like her.

Return if you want to - the lady's not returning.

Its not her passing that upsets me. She's an old lady who's had a good innings. Its the disgraceful and disgusting comments that some are posting on here. They seem to forget that she was elected into power 3 times and left a legacy for Major to win a 4th election. I have no problem with someone saying they didn't like her or her policies (I feel just the same way about the idiot Brown) but it is very distasteful to announce that you are celebrating her death.

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
Cameron out in 2.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Never mind, she had the last laugh as she never had to live in Liverpool and nick cars for a living.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
No, it is entirely right. The Hillsborough victims were just that - victims. She was a self-serving and evil ideologist.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Amazing isn't it? The very same posters on here who (rightfully most of the time) are forever haranguing others for OTT comments about controversial subjects are th every ones mocking and celebrating today. Just goes to show that values only apply when convenient.

A family has lost a mother and grandmother. As Brian Moore has just said on Twitter; "Those asking why I don't decry Thatcher and her divisive politics & social agenda - because she died today and I'm not a ****.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
NSC binfest hell about to be unleashed.....

Going to be the most tiresome thread ever. Some people loved her, some people hated her - I know which camp I'm in (definitely the latter). But you're never going to change anyone's mind about her, so what's the point in posting or even reading? Can it have it's own NSC section please, Bozza?!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
To them, she's probably on about the same level as Hitler. Playing devil's advocate, would you have a problem with someone rejoicing at Hitler's death?

But its the point of it, theres a difference between Hitler (who ordered the killing of over 4 Million people) and Thatcher who was PM during the cover-up.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It does make me wonder this thread, it makes me wonder who among us are old enough to have lived through Maggies time and who have just jumped on bandwagons.

I lived through it
unfortunately some of my good friends did not

BBC news now on loop

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But its the point of it, theres a difference between Hitler (who ordered the killing of over 4 Million people) and Thatcher who was PM during the cover-up.

But for some people, her politics did destroy their livelihoods. I'm not condoning it, but you can understand where the anger stems from?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
That she changed Britain in a way no other British Prime Minister since Clement Attlee is undeniable but there'll be no mourning in my house.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here