Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baroness Thatcher - Dead / RIP

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
However, there is no joy in the death of anyone IMO.
"joy" is overstating it... more like a warm glow and quiet satisfaction that the old witch has finally croaked

lichfield seagulls

Sep 13, 2008
lichfield~by~the~sea
A sad sad day.

That lady almost single handedly saved this country in the early eighties. A lesson for us all in how if you stick with your beliefs you can achieve incredibly things.

Yes towards the end of her time in power she started to lose it a little but she is still one of the greatest leaders this country has ever had.

RIP Maggie.

V much THiS

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
the last true 'leader' of any stature we've had in this country, and probably last one we will see as these days all chinless and policy less and care only for popularity and not doing what needs to be done however unpopular - like Marmite you love or hate but can't but respect the fact she had more balls than a golf driving range and at least had the courage of her convictions to do what she believed in..... RIP MT

You got it right mate, she was even not popular among those on the right of the Tory party so she was fighting of both sides, but she did what was needed. Came into the Sgts Mess in Wellington Barracks, London during the Falklands and refused to move anyone from their seat, stood and watched the news reports. Led from the front, some truly terrible comments about her on here, irrespective of what poltical colour you are respect should be shown. BTW,as for the terrible milk we had to drink in the sixties, thank god she got rid of it, i'm sure it was a health hazard, no one really liked it!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
renton_tracks.jpg

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I don't think I've ever heard a person talked about with such differing opinions from such similar people.

Guess I'll never understand :shrug:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Baroness Thatcher - RIP

You might not have agreed with her politics (I certainly didn't), however you have to admire her strength and resolve. Today's politicians are so weak & indecisive in comparison.

Dandyman

In London village.
:drink::drink::drink::O:O:O:D

It does make me wonder this thread, it makes me wonder who among us are old enough to have lived through Maggies time and who have just jumped on bandwagons.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
How ironic it was back in 1982 that the hard left opposed the Falklands War, a group of islands that wished to remain democratically part of the UK and was invaded by a nasty little fascist dictatorship. This was the making of Thatcher, who up until then had presided over an increasingly unpopular government. Thatcher also broke the myth of "working class solidarity", as while the north and midlands suffered greatly, in Sussex, almost unaffected, they bought their council houses and boasted about how much their houses were worth. So aptly demonstrated by Harry Enfield's "Loadsamoney" character. As for Anfield back then, I remember Albion fans waving wads of cash at the Liverpool fans.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Came into the Sgts Mess in Wellington Barracks, London during the Falklands and refused to move anyone from their seat, stood and watched the news reports.
You've certainly won me over with that anecdote. Incredible selflessness that just typifies her greatness and was reflected in the Tories' policy making.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
A sad sad day.

That lady almost single handedly saved this country in the early eighties. A lesson for us all in how if you stick with your beliefs you can achieve incredibly things.

Yes towards the end of her time in power she started to lose it a little but she is still one of the greatest leaders this country
has ever had.

RIP Maggie.

This. In the situation we are in now, we desperately need someone like her with some backbone to really could drag us out of the crisis and do what needs to be done without giving two shots what people said. RIP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here