Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baroness Thatcher - Dead / RIP

Whatever you think of her, celebrating death is wrong.

To celebrate her death makes you the same cold hearted person you claimed she was.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
This.

I don't have it in me to rejoice at an old woman's death, however distasteful I found her in life.

Agreed.. would be interested to hear Elvis Costello's response.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Show some respect for a lady who did so much to put the Great back in to Great Briton.

What, by selling off all our industries, council houses and taking milk from school kids? Yeh great fecking job she did there. She is the reason this country is in the state it is now. By the way it's 'Britain' not Briton

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
May not have been popular with a lot of people, but she entered a mans world of politics and became the first female PM, leading the way for more women in politics. You shouldnt ever rejoice in someones death either, mass killing terrorists excluded. If your rejoicing in someone dying, who isnt aforementioned, then its just sick and tasteless.

RIP

Oh and 45 pages and 7 bans.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Like 1978
Quite. Hopefully this might be used as an opportunity for people to remember life pre-Thatcher and a time when greed-driven, survival-of-the-fittest, ideology was not considered to be somehow a good thing.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
This.

I don't have it in me to rejoice at an old woman's death, however distasteful I found her in life.
Absolutely this, hated her government and policies at the time but do not have it in myself to find any joy in her passing.

edit:
Whatever you think of her, celebrating death is wrong.

To celebrate her death makes you the same cold hearted person you claimed she was.
Oh and absolutely this too.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
May not have been popular with a lot of people, but you shouldnt ever rejoice in someones death (mass killing terrorists excluded). Entered a mans world of politics and became the first female PM, leading the way for more women in politics.

And how many women did she give Cabinet posts to? She did very little personally to promote women in politics.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Ashley Barnes of politics.

Cold, callous, calculating, her policies divided this country like none before or after, and the dividends are still being paid today in many parts of the country.

However, there is no joy in the death of anyone IMO.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
the last true 'leader' of any stature we've had in this country, and probably last one we will see as these days all chinless and policy less and care only for popularity and not doing what needs to be done however unpopular - like Marmite you love or hate but can't but respect the fact she had more balls than a golf driving range and at least had the courage of her convictions to do what she believed in..... RIP MT

This with nobs on.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
She wasnt perfect, but who is, she's sold off the utilities and they ended up in foreign hands, she sold off Council houses without building replacement ones, she all but destroyed regional commercial TV by changing the law, but when she came to power this country was heading into obilvion and to a degree she turned things round including standing up to the likes of Scargill, but for me the most significant thing was when the IRA tried to murder her, she stood on that beach in her nightie and made a stand against terrorism, for all her faults perhaps we should remember that today.

And when you look at the state of this country today I think Messrs Blair, Brown and Cameron should shoulder far more blame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here