Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baroness Thatcher - Dead / RIP

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Too young to remember her in office in charge and so would feel a little off critiscising her time as PM.

I know she made some wildly unpopular/bad decisions but a part of me has to admire the drive she must've had to get where she did.

As a side note, I wonder how many of those celebrating her death (sad in itself really) will be doing it out genuine emotion rather than a desire to look a bit edgy with no knowledge of her beyond 'small woman, big hair?'.

She did what was needed to smash the comunist controlled unions that were holding our nation back, and ruined far more jobs than she alledgedly ever did on balance.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
You sad sad little person. Irrespective of your politics, show some respect for a lady who did so much to put the Great back in to Great Briton.

You mean Great BritAIN ?

This is the ultimate and only thread that could really passionately divide NSC...

She stole my milk however RIP

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Her legacy will be that she was the most divisive politician in living memory.

Loathed the woman but can't say I'm rejoicing at her death. I suspect the fawning tributes to her will pour in and we'll have to endure protracted media coverage of her nefarious son and racist daughter.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Baroness Thatcher - RIP

Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Hitler, Amin, Berlusconi et al. All leaders with "conviction". Wouldn't class her with the aforementioned though.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
87 is a good innings.

I've heard the Manchester derby may now be postponed this evening.

I presume there will be a minutes applause at Middlesbrough on Saturday.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When she left office my Dad and I went on the piss for about a week. She was supposed to champion small business yet the 14% interest rates at the end of her reign crippled his and I was being charged so much poll tax I could barely pay him keep. And that's before taking in to account what she did to working class communities all over the country.

However, today a family have lost their mother and grandmother. Let them grieve.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Margaret Thatcher, who became prime minister two days before Brighton & Hove Albion won promotion to what is now the Premier League, has passed away.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Hitler, Amin, Berlusconi et al. All leaders with "conviction". Wouldn't class her with the aforementioned though.

Up there with Mussolini though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here