Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baroness Thatcher - Dead / RIP

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Re: Baroness Thatcher - RIP

She was the inspiration for some great songs throughout the years. Maybe we could have a thread dedicated to songs about Maggie.

I wonder if she had many regrets.

I suppose she thought she was doing the right thing.

Sad really.

Still she lives on through those that idolise her.

Sad really.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Baroness Thatcher - RIP

The best news for a Monday or a life. Tyrant of a women who destroyed lives. Lets all have a party

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
the last true 'leader' of any stature we've had in this country, and probably last one we will see as these days all chinless and policy less and care only for popularity and not doing what needs to be done however unpopular - like Marmite you love or hate but can't but respect the fact she had more balls than a golf driving range and at least had the courage of her convictions to do what she believed in..... RIP MT

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Having hated her throughout my life , i've now grown up economically and wish Cameron possessed just a fraction of her leadership skills. What a bed wetting dithering visionless tool he is.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Baroness Thatcher - RIP

I don't know enough about the state of our country in 70s to suggest that there were alternatives to how she acted and what she acted upon. Whether our mining industry was salvageable and so on.

I don't feel a great deal of sorrow as she lived such a long and fulfilled life.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Very true. The woman was undeniably an impressively driven individual. Just a shame the policies she was so determined to drive through were based on such appallingly selfish values.

Selfish values or a massive determination to better what was a stuttering, faltering mess of a country?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
RIP Maggie,

She meant no one any harm only what was best for Britain, and never buckled or backed down from the bully's

God bless her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here