Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley message board quote.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm sorry but the red was absolute homer, especially in the first half. Every 50-50 went to us.

Even though he didn't even dish out a yellow when Tanno was scythed in half?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I don't understand why you'd be surprised by that, it's what I'd be saying if I was a Barnsley fan. They had loads of the ball and in the second half were clearly by far the better team. However, as good as they were up to the edge of the box, they didn't have much IN the box and they kept shooting from 25/30 yards with what can only be described as shocking accuracy levels.

Fully agree. I thought the scoreline flattered us and on the balance of play they were worth a point. Luckily, football isn't fair like that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I didn't think that challenge was as bad as it looked. Tanno went in with a high foot, the barnsley player turned to protect himself as he jumped and body checked tanno, who fell awkwardly.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

That'll be the moment where Tanno went flying in with his foot pointing at the other guys' chest?

I was surprised at the time when the free kick went our way.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Yes, the "Brighton's a shithole" song was stupid but we have sung that at EVERY SINGLE AWAY GAME this season, and it is getting SOOOO boring.

Christ, we even sang it at Ipswich. Its been rendered completely meaningless. See also: "We pay your benefits". Zzzzzzzzzzz.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Think the Barnsley bloke had a point. On another day they could have got a point at least. We have had lots of games like that lately though so have so sympathy for them.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Barnsleys to midfield players were among the best on the pitch (Perkins and Drinkwater I think).

I thought they looked half decent but lacked a threat up top.

A draw would have probably been fair. Not that I am complaining.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I don't understand why you'd be surprised by that, it's what I'd be saying if I was a Barnsley fan. They had loads of the ball and in the second half were clearly by far the better team. However, as good as they were up to the edge of the box, they didn't have much IN the box and they kept shooting from 25/30 yards with what can only be described as shocking accuracy levels.

This - they hit the bar had one cleared of the line and numerous goal attempts. They looked good till the let there number 20 shoot.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Yes, the "Brighton's a shithole" song was stupid but we have sung that at EVERY SINGLE AWAY GAME this season, and it is getting SOOOO boring.

Christ, we even sang it at Ipswich. Its been rendered completely meaningless. See also: "We pay your benefits". Zzzzzzzzzzz.

Totally agree!

As for the game, Barnsley have a very talented manager who genuinely has a small budget. Remember how well his Rochdale team did against us up there last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here