Barnsley message board quote.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
From a Barnsley fan

Got to agree with most of that. I'm just back from a weekend in Brighton and have really enjoyed it all. The game was a bit of a let down but only because we could and should have got more from it especially in the second half. The ref was clearly a homer, the first goal was definitely handball. If we'd had a clinical striker today we'd have got at least a point.

:facepalm: Was he watching a different game to me?

http://v2.barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread.php?159270-We-actually-played-ok-today........

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Definitely not handball, thought it may have been at the time but replays suggest Dunk chested it.
Thought Barnsley were ok especially Butterfield and if Vas Te hadnt missed that easy header with about 15 mins to go it could have been squeaky bum time.

Don`t forget these were Barnsley fans who wanted to leave Brighton because it was a shit hole.
Barnsley FFS?

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
The game was hardly a classic but Barnsley weren't too bad and weren't afraid to shoot - sometimes its something we could benefit from doing more often! Don't forget they hit the bar, Harper made a couple of other saves and we cleared the ball off the line in the second half so yes, if they had a better strike force they might have got something out of the game. Don't know about our first goal being handball though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In response to the points made:

-I can see why their fans were getting frustrated because their players were getting suckered into making daft tackles, particularly the one that led to our first goal. The second you feel aggrieved at the award of a free kick, you get wound up and are more likely to concede another one, and you get even more annoyed. That was evidently happening to them. There were a couple of free kicks I thought were soft, equally there were a few missed, like any other game.

-they did actually have a lot of possession, played some nice football, they just had nothing up front and we defended quite well, so I can see why they believe they'd have got something if they had anything resembling a proper striker up front.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm sorry but the red was absolute homer, especially in the first half. Every 50-50 went to us.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I don't understand why you'd be surprised by that, it's what I'd be saying if I was a Barnsley fan. They had loads of the ball and in the second half were clearly by far the better team. However, as good as they were up to the edge of the box, they didn't have much IN the box and they kept shooting from 25/30 yards with what can only be described as shocking accuracy levels.

Good to see Craig Davies hasn't improved looking for the barn door

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good to see Craig Davies hasn't improved looking for the barn door

To be honest, I can't actually remember him missing loads of chances. He was just never anywhere near the ball when it was in the box.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't understand why you'd be surprised by that, it's what I'd be saying if I was a Barnsley fan. They had loads of the ball and in the second half were clearly by far the better team. However, as good as they were up to the edge of the box, they didn't have much IN the box and they kept shooting from 25/30 yards with what can only be described as shocking accuracy levels.

I'm sorry but the red was absolute homer, especially in the first half. Every 50-50 went to us.

Agree with both these comments. They weren't a bad side, if they could shoot they might've got something. The ref deffo gave us the close decisions

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Barnsley's shooting was amongst the worst I've ever seen. There was one great effort that Harper tipped on to the bar, and another one that was flying into the top corner in the second half until he pushed it wide, but other than that, there was serious danger to any pigeons roosting in either the north or south stands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports