Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes not taking any more Pens

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Gus' fault as he shouldn't even be on the pitch.

Exactly.. It's been staring Gus (and everyone else) in the face for ages now and Gus just continues to play Barnes because he can't admit he is wrong and lets his ego get in the way imho

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
He was solid last season though in penalties...Mr Reliable

Missed one v Saints year before?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't see why we even bother with penalties anymore.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Miss was bad, but for him to then pass the rebound straight back to the same side where the keeper was still on the floor was incredible.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
So next week when Craig misses we will slag him of shall we .... Whenever i heard a goal scoring chance It's Barnes in the right positions more than Craig is

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Murray missed a few for us also. Barnes should take no more, low to the left every single time. Hammond took a good pen first time around.

Barnes has sent his penalty kicks low to the left, low to the right and scored and had them saved in both directions. His last one, v Leicester, went the other side. He actually has a fair bit of variety in his penalties. Probably too much, should stick to his leeds/liverpool tactic.

So next week when Craig misses we will slag him of shall we ....

Experience this season (Leeds) would suggest not.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Exactly.. It's been staring Gus (and everyone else) in the face for ages now and Gus just continues to play Barnes because he can't admit he is wrong and lets his ego get in the way imho

Just ego? Nothing to do with workrate and everything else he adds to the team? I don't disagree that he could do with some time on the bench but Gus picks him for a reason and Dobbie in front of Painter would have been very weak.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Just ego? Nothing to do with workrate and everything else he adds to the team? I don't disagree that he could do with some time on the bench but Gus picks him for a reason and Dobbie in front of Painter would have been very weak.

Never said 'Just ego' but he is clearly blinkered when it comes to Barnes and refuses to smell the coffee (which I think is down to some ego). Dobbie or Hoskins must be wondering what the f*** is going on sat on the bench every game whilst Barnes gets to start every week and produces very little (even from penalties) I like Barnes, but it clearly isn't working

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He didn't look confident at all today and it was a terribly weak penalty. We'd be much better off getting one of the centre backs to smash it and hope for the best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here