Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes isn't happy

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good idea :thumbsup: I'm going to look through all the photos of the season so far now and see if I can read what the players are thinking.

I think this one quite clearly illustrates a rift in the team. Calderon is turning away from Mackail-Smith, if you look closely enough. He obviously doesn't like him, perhaps he's jealous of the goal? Bridcutt, on the other hand, looks pleased, which suggests to me that he and CMS are part of a sinister dressing room clique which can only spell BAD NEWS for our play-off hopes.

3109210536-23092011214515.jpg

This one, on the other hand, tells me that Poyet is deeply unhappy at the club (he's not smiling, you see?). Taricco has a face which suggests he's thinking about the contract offer he and Gus have just got unofficially from a mid table Premier League team who are about to fire their manager. That's why he's hiding inside his jacket, to conceal his guilt from the supporters and media. From the direction his eyes are facing, I suspect it's Aston Villa.

Gus+Poyet+Brighton+Hove+Albion+v+Wrexham+FA+qngMB02uDTDl.jpg

We're f***ed. :(

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
He was probably wondering who we would get in the next round.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Careful - think before you post, or the NSC Thought Police will be onto you.

No one is allowed to express an opinion on Barnes, even if it's constructive - without risk of getting flamed. Surely the OP should consider that Barnes may have re-discovered his appetite for scoring and naturally wants more of the ball in front of goal, which can only be a good thing.

How ironic that this thread is triggered by Vicente scoring - another target of the armchair moaners. How very dare they.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I see what you mean Edna.

Ashley%20Barnes%20Hat-trick%20Ticket%2003AUG11%20bd%200714.jpg

"What the f*** is this. Some kind of sick JOKE ?"

said Ashley. Possibly.

"Next time one of those tosspots in the crowd tells me to get on my bike, I'm going to stick it up their arse, sideways" said a clearly fuming Ashley lad.

0,,10364~3724031,00.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No one is allowed to express an opinion on Barnes, even if it's constructive

Yeah but it's not constructive, is it? It's just more total CRAP. I wasn't sat in my seat smiling like a total GIBBON for the whole game on Saturday, but it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the game or that I'm about to lob my season ticket in the nearest bin. It actually hurts if you smile constantly. Occasionally I like to relax my facial muscles.

FFS, I accept the player's not everyone's cup of tea, but it winds me up when people start INVENTING imaginary scenarios with which to question him.

D

Deleted member 18477

4237632405-23092011220054.jpg

and in this photo, number 9 ashley barnes is clearly trying to suck his own knob during a game. clearly.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
AshleyBarnes1024_2723975.jpg

He's not even looking at the ball properly. Clearly has no interest in being here, sell him

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
...and look at this one, he's not even wearing the right kit. Ridiculous

Ashley-Barnes.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think this one quite clearly illustrates a rift in the team. Calderon is turning away from Mackail-Smith, if you look closely enough. He obviously doesn't like him, perhaps he's jealous of the goal? Bridcutt, on the other hand, looks pleased, which suggests to me that he and CMS are part of a sinister dressing room clique which can only spell BAD NEWS for our play-off hopes.

3109210536-23092011214515.jpg

I disagree. I think this is a sign of the fear in the squad that surrounds Bridcutt. He is clearly a violent man, who has threatened to literally rip Mackail-Smith's head off, and Barnes and Calderon know he could and are looking away for fear of what is about to happen, Calderon is almost throwing up, look at that hunch in his shoulders - he's heaving. Thankfully, Bridcutt calmed down and showed mercy. That time.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Navarro and Lualua are clearly happy to have the honour of being King Vicente's human crutches.

And Vicente is so knackered / injured he can't stand up by himself.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Yeah but it's not constructive, is it? It's just more total CRAP. I wasn't sat in my seat smiling like a total GIBBON for the whole game on Saturday, but it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the game or that I'm about to lob my season ticket in the nearest bin. It actually hurts if you smile constantly. Occasionally I like to relax my facial muscles.

FFS, I accept the player's not everyone's cup of tea, but it winds me up when people start INVENTING imaginary scenarios with which to question him.

Cheer up, ok it wasn't pretty but we won didn't we and now 5th in table FFs - courtesy of our resident superstar who wrote the headlines. Some people are never pleased.

Anyway back to the point - it's rather sad that those offering very supportive comments about Ashley get flack for merely daring to mention his name. The guy is young and still learning his way in a strange role while playing the game at a higher level. I wonder what his goal tally would be if he was still playing up front?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

need one say more before nodding off ..its getting boring!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here