Barnes isn't happy

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

daveyboy40

Feb 25, 2009
Has anyone else noticed when Vicente scores the second goal Ashley Barnes looks pissed off he didn't get passed the ball,and doesn't celebrate!!!!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Barnes never looks happy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A new stick to beat Barnes with. Has an Albion player ever received such undeserved flak from our own fans?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
John-Barnes-during-Tranme-001[1].jpg
Barnes never looks happy.
Sorry could'nt resist. :ffsparr:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
All strikers love to score goals and will get grumpy if someone else scores when they felt they were in a better position. I'd be dissapointed if Barnes didn't show annoyance under similar circumstances, it shows he's hungry and wants it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good idea :thumbsup: I'm going to look through all the photos of the season so far now and see if I can read what the players are thinking.

I think this one quite clearly illustrates a rift in the team. Calderon is turning away from Mackail-Smith, if you look closely enough. He obviously doesn't like him, perhaps he's jealous of the goal? Bridcutt, on the other hand, looks pleased, which suggests to me that he and CMS are part of a sinister dressing room clique which can only spell BAD NEWS for our play-off hopes.

3109210536-23092011214515.jpg

This one, on the other hand, tells me that Poyet is deeply unhappy at the club (he's not smiling, you see?). Taricco has a face which suggests he's thinking about the contract offer he and Gus have just got unofficially from a mid table Premier League team who are about to fire their manager. That's why he's hiding inside his jacket, to conceal his guilt from the supporters and media. From the direction his eyes are facing, I suspect it's Aston Villa.

Gus+Poyet+Brighton+Hove+Albion+v+Wrexham+FA+qngMB02uDTDl.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The keeper was meant to save it. Who was following up? I thought it was Macca?

Feb 14, 2010
He doesn't get paid to be happy. He gets paid to score goals. As long as he scores goals then he can be as miserable as he wants as far as I'm concerned and if he doesnt score goals then he will need another job so leave the lad alone.

Feb 14, 2010
A new stick to beat Barnes with. Has an Albion player ever received such undeserved flak from our own fans?

Oh yes, I will raise you Barnes for Dean "Wendy" Wilkins, or Robert Codner. All part of the fun listening to players getting very unfair stick from the punters.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Good idea :thumbsup: I'm going to look through all the photos of the season so far now and see if I can read what the players are thinking.

I think this one quite clearly illustrates a rift in the team. Calderon is turning away from Mackail-Smith, if you look closely enough. He obviously doesn't like him, perhaps he's jealous of the goal? Bridcutt, on the other hand, looks pleased, which suggests to me that he and CMS are part of a sinister dressing room clique which can only spell BAD NEWS for our play-off hopes.

This one, on the other hand, tells me that Poyet is deeply unhappy at the club (he's not smiling, you see?). Taricco has a face which suggests he's thinking about the contract offer he and Gus have just got unofficially from a mid table Premier League team who are about to fire their manager. That's why he's hiding inside his jacket, to conceal his guilt from the supporters and media. From the direction his eyes are facing, I suspect it's Aston Villa.

Brilliant!!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Has anyone else noticed when Vicente scores the second goal Ashley Barnes looks pissed off he didn't get passed the ball,and doesn't celebrate!!!!

...But what you failed to notice is that following the first goal he sprinted over to the corner-flag to celebrate with the topless Vicente. In fact pretty much the whole team joined in celebrating the opening goal so I would suggest that the team is pretty much together.

Pointless thread.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
O/P is right. Barnes just hates other people scoring. Look at the angry, upset, tearful face he's got on him here.

Leeds-v-Brighton-Craig-MackailSmith-celeb_2717187.jpg

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting

Quality post, had me in stitches haha

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Oh yes, I will raise you Barnes for Dean "Wendy" Wilkins, or Robert Codner. All part of the fun listening to players getting very unfair stick from the punters.

I agree on Wilkins but not Robert "im Gordon Gecko in my spare time" Codner. He seriously flattered to deceive and just strolled about.

Next you will be claiming Mark Farrington was hard done by !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I see what you mean Edna.

Ashley%20Barnes%20Hat-trick%20Ticket%2003AUG11%20bd%200714.jpg

"What the f*** is this. Some kind of sick JOKE ?"

said Ashley. Possibly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports