Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Bari and Brindisi trip help

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
You should try and watch some football if you have time. Bari narrowly missed promotion to Serie A in a dramatic playoff final so if you want top flight head to Lecce. I'll be there in the Curva Nord for games against Como and Lazio next month. Does mean I miss Luton and Newcastle games at home though.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I used to live in Puglia (Lecce) and would highly recommend staying in Lecce old town for a night and some day trips to Ostuni, Polignano a mare (check out the cave restaurant), Albero Bello and Galipolli is nice as well. Bari is great also, but Brindisi a bit of a dump (or at least it was a few years ago when I lived there).

September will be great weather and if you end up spending a night or whatever in Lecce feel free to drop me a line and I'll ping you some restaurant recommendations.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I used to live in Puglia (Lecce) and would highly recommend staying in Lecce old town for a night and some day trips to Ostuni, Polignano a mare (check out the cave restaurant), Albero Bello and Galipolli is nice as well. Bari is great also, but Brindisi a bit of a dump (or at least it was a few years ago when I lived there).

September will be great weather and if you end up spending a night or whatever in Lecce feel free to drop me a line and I'll ping you some restaurant recommendations.
We're staying in Lecce for 10 days at the end of August.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
We're staying in Lecce for 10 days at the end of August.
From the 15th August you'll find A LOT of places are closed for two week holiday. However, if they're open I'd highly recommend....

Alle Due Corti

Mamma Elvira (they have a good Enoteca of the same name as well)

Osteria Degli Spriti

Osteria da Angiulino

Primo if you want to go high end

Le Zie

I'd do anything for a Cafe Leccese right now and throw a Rustico into the mixer, you've got an amazing breakfast.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Generally ok and relatively stress free. The “standard “ speed limit on non motorway roads however range from 40 to 90 Kmph, with 59 Kmph being the norm which is a bit frustrating.
I was there in 2019. I drive quite fast but I am like a vicar compared to the way they drive down there. Doing say 85mph in the fast lane with a solid concrete wall adjacent, they are literally stacking up to fly past in some old banger, driving so close you can’t even see their bonnet and trying to work out if they can squeeze past on that tiny bit of verge approaching.

That was my only negative, apart from that we enjoyed every minute down there. Lecce is a hidden gem.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I was there in 2019. I drive quite fast but I am like a vicar compared to the way they drive down there. Doing say 85mph in the fast lane with a solid concrete wall adjacent, they are literally stacking up to fly past in some old banger, driving so close you can’t even see their bonnet and trying to work out if they can squeeze past on that tiny bit of verge approaching.

That was my only negative, apart from that we enjoyed every minute down there. Lecce is a hidden gem.
There are two ways of driving down there: Dangerously fast while looking at their phone or dangerously slow (will slow down at motorway exits if they aren't sure) while looking at their phone. Roundabout etiquette doesn't exist either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here