Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Barely recognised Stockdale

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
With the right attitude and mentality he would still have been a Premier League goalkeeper, he certainly had the ability. Instead he spends his career training with kids and being loaned out to the noddy leagues. What a waste.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He'll need to put in a fair bit of graft before he's even given a chance though. Hope he sorts himself out - he played a very large (sorry) part in getting us where we are (occasional rick excepted), with some memorable moments, particularly several penalty saves. I'm still staggered that any sports professional allows themself to get so out of condition when they have access to all the facilities and advice they need to stay in tip-top shape

It's a mystery to me too. It seems like he's a naturally big lad who really has to work hard to keep his weight down and I think it's more than reasonable to question his mentality considering he's allowed himself to be in the shape he is. He hadn't ever been a number 1 goalkeeper before coming to play for us, and he consistently played every game when he was available. You'd assume that he enjoyed those three seasons, but maybe he's not all that fussed about being the starting goalkeeper. He's got another year on his contract, so he's not struggling for a few quid but football is a short career. I think it's inevitable he will, at some point, get some media work talking about his regrets over not playing more and/or not achieving more in the game.

He should be one of the best goalkeepers in the Championship, but instead he'll be lucky to get a single appearance at that level this season.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I was surprised that he didn't go to his club Leeds last January. Bielsa brought in that keeper from Real Madrid who seemed to destabilise them defensively. Seemed an obvious move for all concerned.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was surprised that he didn't go to his club Leeds last January. Bielsa brought in that keeper from Real Madrid who seemed to destabilise them defensively. Seemed an obvious move for all concerned.

Except for Leeds - why would they want an overweight and out of practice goalkeeper? In theory, Casilla should have been amazing for them. He was decent mainly, but there were a number of howlers. Bailey Peacock-Farrell was a bit harshly dropped - not sure he'd done much to deserve it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Except for Leeds - why would they want an overweight and out of practice goalkeeper? In theory, Casilla should have been amazing for them. He was decent mainly, but there were a number of howlers. Bailey Peacock-Farrell was a bit harshly dropped - not sure he'd done much to deserve it.

BPF isn't a great keeper. He doesn't come of his line at all, and his handling is average at best. Casilla wasn't bad as you say - massive ricket in the play-offs, aside.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
BPF isn't a great keeper. He doesn't come of his line at all, and his handling is average at best. Casilla wasn't bad as you say - massive ricket in the play-offs, aside.

Casilla was a poor addition. I watched a fair few of his Leeds performances from Jan to May and he was rubbish. Bielsa has obvious talent but that was a stinker of a signing at the time.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
As a gentleman who has always struggled with weight issues, I concur that some of the fat- shaming comments are unnecessary.

But for a professional athlete to look out of shape is a worry.
I can remember a few comments about his weight during his time here, when he was carrying a bit of extra timber. that was barely noticeable.
He cannot be in a good place mentally, to be that far out of shape.

I would hypothesise that the lack of a contract with the Albion at the end of the promotion season could be a factor.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
David Stockdales Massive,
He ate his ****ing hat,
he could have signed for Brighton,
but he said no **** that.
He ate pies with his left hand,
He ate pies with his right
and when he found the scoth eggs he aint all ****ing night.

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH.

To be fair will always love Stockers but **** me he has let himself go.

That's some of the worst scanning since Kenny Everett sang:

"I got rhy-hy- hythm"

The line I highlight can be sung in context only if you sing it like Benny Hill as a Chinaman.

:lolol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
whats the world come to if you can’t call out an unhealthy fatty who’s condition is purely down to greed and the inability to not stuff cakes into its fat porky face .

Waste from stockdale . He only had to lay off the pies

( he isn’t actually that massive in that photo to be fair )

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
As a gentleman who has always struggled with weight issues, I concur that some of the fat- shaming comments are unnecessary.

But for a professional athlete to look out of shape is a worry.
I can remember a few comments about his weight during his time here, when he was carrying a bit of extra timber. that was barely noticeable.
He cannot be in a good place mentally, to be that far out of shape.

I would hypothesise that the lack of a contract with the Albion at the end of the promotion season could be a factor.

Eh? We offered him a contract didn't we? He turned it down in favour of the cash on offer at Birmingham as he was Harry Redknapp's marquee signing.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
He's standing on tiptoe to make himself look taller I can only guess an idea he picked up from Matty

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Eh? We offered him a contract didn't we? He turned it down in favour of the cash on offer at Birmingham as he was Harry Redknapp's marquee signing.

I thought that we made it clear to him that he wasn’t going to be No 1 keeper though? Can hardly blame him for deciding to for elsewhere as a first choice. Again just what I heard but being a pie eater and salad dodger who wasn’t controlling his weight was also a concern to the club.

All the above is just hearsay though.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

If Leeds found out Stockdale’s wages they would have looked elsewhere quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here