Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Hi guys,

Myself & the good missus are off to Barcelona next Wednesday for a 5 day break for her birthday & our anniversary.

Neither of us have been there before so are excited at seeing somewhere different (even if we are flying with Ryan Air!)

We have 750 euros cash plus also the credit card, the hotel's already paid for so the first question is will that be enough cash & the second question is could anyone recommend something to do or somewhere especially worth visiting as we've heard there's plenty there but time is an issue.

Cheers!

SCE

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
nou_camp-barcelona.jpg

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Definitely do the Barca Tour, it's superb. Even the missus, who HATES football, had to reluctantly admit it was all rather impressive, while I was like a kid in a sweet shop.

Do the cable car run down to the beach from the top of the hills, that was spectacular.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Also, avoid those little streets that run down from the main sq to teh beach, can't remember what they are called, but it's a famous run of old-style shops etc. We wandered down it and it was garbage. Basically a Spanish version of Leicester Sq. tourist junk shops at ridiculous prices. If you MUST do it, just go in one shop and then leave as they are ALL the same.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Went a couple of years ago for long weekend break. If you use the tour buses they are a great way to get around jumping off where you want too. Recommend the footy ground, La Casa Batlló, Park Güell, La Sagrada Família and a stroll down the La Rambla. I found it expensive around the Rambla but if look around can find cheaper bars.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
PS, avoid drinking or eating on ramblas.

if you want a ugly black whore, you will be spoilt for choice down ramblas of an evening.

el bourne is where its at.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Went a couple of years ago for long weekend break. If you use the tour buses they are a great way to get around jumping off where you want too. Recommend the footy ground, La Casa Batlló, Park Güell, La Sagrada Família and a stroll down the La Rambla. I found it expensive around the Rambla but if look around can find cheaper bars.

Cheers mate.

We're quite fortunate because we have a friend who moved to Barca last summer to reach English so we'll see her for at least one of the days and have a look around with someone who knows the city.

I was surprised that so many peope commented on the level of petty crime but I suppose that's really no different to London. I'm always wary when we first arrive in a new city with passports & all our spending cash!

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
The zoo is pretty good if you like animals :wave:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
- Tour buses
- Zoo
- Aquarium
- Beach
- Camp Nou
- Magic Fountain (at night, for light show)

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
- Tour buses
- Zoo
- Aquarium
- Beach
- Camp Nou
- Magic Fountain (at night, for light show)

Nice one fella.

One last question, we were in Venice last year and made the mistake of getting a beer & a Coke in St Mark's Square - cost 18 euros then found a bar two streets down for less than half the price!

Is there anywhere to avoid getting drinks because it's ludicrously expensive compared to somewhere very close by? I expect I'll be seeing a lot of bars while I'm there!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Nice one fella.

One last question, we were in Venice last year and made the mistake of getting a beer & a Coke in St Mark's Square - cost 18 euros then found a bar two streets down for less than half the price!

Is there anywhere to avoid getting drinks because it's ludicrously expensive compared to somewhere very close by? I expect I'll be seeing a lot of bars while I'm there!

I've been to both places, and I can't remember getting ripped off for drinks in Barcelona (at least not as much as Venice). But in Barcelona, most places I went too only served these -

ribt60.jpg

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here