Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Barcelona looking for a new manager

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Did you see his post match interview today? I will be SHOCKED if he’s still here next season and have thought that for a while. Always felt he was here for a good time and not a long time.
Have bookmarked 🤣

Yeh I’m a little worried recently he seems f***ed off. Seems a bit moody but hoping it’s just a phase. I’m in two minds but trying to be positive - a new contract would help a lot - but he does seem to be only focussing on this season in his interviews.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
AFTER RDZ resignation!!!Right Potter...you've been to Chelsea and got shafted by Boehly, you've had a nice little break and richer for it. Now being the educated one you profess to be let's hope you've learnt watching how RDZ had us playing. Up for the Job...your hired!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I get the impression he’s no longer enjoying managing us.
He'll eventually leave of course - no manager ever stays forever - but I think he's enjoying managing us just fine for now.

Just 44 days ago on 14th December 2023...
Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Marseille 0

Brighton manager De Zerbi was equally joyous at full-time.

"I lost my voice, I lost everything," he told TNT Sports. "It was an amazing game. We deserved to reach the top of the table."

"This is the best moment in my time [here]. We will play two games less. We want to dream. We want to prepare for that game for our best to win another step."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67709364

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
He'll eventually leave of course - no manager ever stays forever - but I think he's enjoying managing us just fine for now.

Just 44 days ago on 14th December 2023...
Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Marseille 0

Brighton manager De Zerbi was equally joyous at full-time.

"I lost my voice, I lost everything," he told TNT Sports. "It was an amazing game. We deserved to reach the top of the table."

"This is the best moment in my time [here]. We will play two games less. We want to dream. We want to prepare for that game for our best to win another step."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67709364
Yep, but I have seen very little enthusiasm from him since then and our win at Forest :shrug:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Yep, but I have seen very little enthusiasm from him since then and our win at Forest :shrug:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68120009

...when asked about the upcoming Anfield vacancy after the Seagulls' FA Cup win, De Zerbi said:

"Now it is not my focus. My focus is on my players, my team, my fans, my club.

"We have a lot of things to reach this season and then we will see [about] the future."

My players.
My team.
My fans.
My club.

It would appear from the repetition for effect answer that RDZ's still got a lot of sense of ownership of his job here.

That's all the enthusiasm I need.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Get a grip guys. RDZ isn't getting the Barca job until he's won things. He's also more loyal than some give him credit for I suspect.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would he go, of course. Can Barcelona afford him, probably not. They will go for an ex player who they can get for a lot cheaper than than they could get RDZ

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Would he go, of course. Can Barcelona afford him, probably not. They will go for an ex player who they can get for a lot cheaper than than they could get RDZ
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head there. When they realise De Zerbi’s release clause is c£10m it may well put them off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here