Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barber's transfer "insight"

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
OK, fair enough. I agree that Bobby would bring a much-needed lift to our beloved club. Not a cheap option, but I can genuinely see sense in his signing, despite the drawbacks. Maybe COG would have to be moved on first...

With Sheffield United apparently about to sign Billy Sharp(surprised he's still alive?) do we think COG might be staying with us?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As I said above - there are plenty on NSC who are eagerly waiting to see the club spend £5m up front on a striker as a signal of intent.
And? Please tell me you're not suggesting it's not going to happen.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
With Sheffield United apparently about to sign Billy Sharp(surprised he's still alive?) do we think COG might be staying with us?

I hope, for his sake and our sakes, he can find a club back oop north...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Oh, I won't, which is why I've been a keen advocate of the return of Zamora because after last season't turgid mess, I think he would give (most of) the fanbase a really big lift.

That's not what we're talking about though.

It's the mindset that we MUST spend gazillions of pounds and if we don't we're doing it on the cheap / not ambitious / have given up on promotion - delete as applicable.

or the equally prevalent mindset that even when we are spending gazillions there's an assumption that because we've lost a few matches with the players that did cost gazillions then Bloom isn't ambitious and hasn't actually spent anything after all.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
OK, fair enough. I agree that Bobby would bring a much-needed lift to our beloved club. Not a cheap option, but I can genuinely see sense in his signing, despite the drawbacks. Maybe COG would have to be moved on first...

Happy to see Zamora sign and COG go, but I personally think that if, as CH has hinted, he wants to play two up front, then Baldock and Colunga will flourish this year alongside Hemed. Colunga in particular if retained and played in the right position could be a revelation in my opinion. I hope he gets a chance in pre-season matches.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
or the equally prevalent mindset that even when we are spending gazillions there's an assumption that because we've lost a few matches with the players that did cost gazillions then Bloom isn't ambitious and hasn't actually spent anything after all.

I hate it when I agree with you, but I think gazillions may be an overestimate of the true figure! ;-)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Happy to see Zamora sign and COG go, but I personally think that if, as CH has hinted, he wants to play two up front, then Baldock and Colunga will flourish this year alongside Hemed. Colunga in particular if retained and played in the right position could be a revelation in my opinion. I hope he gets a chance in pre-season matches.

IMHO both Baldock and Colunga have a lot to prove. I also expect the latter to move on...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here