Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barber On Sky Sports

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
All Jones has done is show a bit of passion and pick the best 11 players available. If we had done that in the previous 22 games, we would probably be in the top half.

Jones seems like a good coach, but can he identity new players to add to the squad in January?
Yeah he will bring obika back

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Too early to get carried away with the "Jones Factor" , he has the interpersonal skills to get the best out of the players which is why PB has responded in such a fashion. I think Barber will engineer him the number 3 job a.k.a first team coach as a suitable reward for his efforts.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Jones not experienced enough, but you want Sherringham ? I'll have what you are drinking

Yes, I knew that the second I posted it, but Jones hasn't exactly had the same exposure to top flight management that Sherringham has thus far. If there was a gamble worth taking then that might be one.

NJ needs to continue with his coaching experience for now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes, I knew that the second I posted it, but Jones hasn't exactly had the same exposure to top flight management that Sherringham has thus far. If there was a gamble worth taking then that might be one.

NJ needs to continue with his coaching experience for now.

What has Sherringhams involvement in football even been since he retired ? All I've seen is l him in Marbella/Essex nightclubs and playing those legend games. You could apply the same to any former premiership player of the last 20 years

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Financially it is the easy option of course

I don't understand why people think that Jones is the cheap option. Do they really think his agent would be happy for him to have a manager's job on an assistant's salary? And if he were promoted, then we'd to get another number two in - there may be small savings but nothing significant

Putting NJ in that role, where he is inexperienced in matters of management and recruitment, would be an error and not looking to the long-term.

Would just point out that of our last three managers: Poyet was inexperienced in management and recruitment while Hyypia wasn't. Is experience really the be-all?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Too early to get carried away with the "Jones Factor" , he has the interpersonal skills to get the best out of the players which is why PB has responded in such a fashion. I think Barber will engineer him the number 3 job a.k.a first team coach as a suitable reward for his efforts.

I hope that's right. He's understands the players, is good for continuity and his loyalty should be rewarded.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What has Sherringhams involvement in football even been since he retired ? All I've seen is l him in Marbella/Essex nightclubs and playing those legend games. You could apply the same to any former premiership player of the last 20 years

You haven't watched West Ham much recently then. He's been credited with getting Sam to change is management style.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You haven't watched West Ham much recently then. He's been credited with getting Sam to change is management style.

Funnily enough, no. He didn't get mentioned by David Sullivan on Soccer AM at the weekend either

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Funnily enough, no. He didn't get mentioned by David Sullivan on Soccer AM at the weekend either

I've no idea whether Sherringham even wants a managerial role. Perhaps he's just happy as a coach, but Gold and Sullivan bought him in and told Sam he had to work with him. He's a gamble, and I'm actually anti-gamble, but he had clearly had an impact, and if there is one thing we need, then it is to know how to attack.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I know it was pure fluke that Caskey and Gardner were both out last night but surely he must realise that the balance of the midfield is what we've been crying out for all season. If he gets the job and continues to start Gardner and JFC then nothing is going to change.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've no idea whether Sherringham even wants a managerial role. Perhaps he's just happy as a coach, but Gold and Sullivan bought him in and told Sam he had to work with him. He's a gamble, and I'm actually anti-gamble, but he had clearly had an impact, and if there is one thing we need, then it is to know how to attack.

We've crafted enough chances this season. There have been two real problems: making better chances; and, putting them away.

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
Statement from pb went up on sky sports app about an hour ago very much like last night,but saying very close and looking for someone with good English football experience and of the players in our squad and the players we play against,then says how well jones has done..sounds like NJ will get the job

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was talking to a friend today with good links to several ex pro players. He said, the consensus amongst those he had spoken with, was that Glen Hoddle would bite Blooms hand off for the job, all the players he knows can't speak highly enough of him, and his methods. He is tactically astute, a motivator, and, if you ignore the God stuff, talks a lot of sense. Apparently, wages aren't important to him,if we could get him, Nathan Jones as first team coach, and Caldi in the mix, in a learning role, it could be quite interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here