Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barber On Sky Sports

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I think people forget how bad we were Saturday, we didn't turn up the first half. Then all I have read on here for the last few months is that we have got crap players,it's Burkes fault, Now we had a good win last night, but you have to ask the question, was it a team that Nathan wanted to put out or did he only put that team out because of Gardner and JFCs illness. If he would have played Gardner and JFC, then he got lucky and it's clear that we do have some good players, unfortunately they have been warming the bench. The mistake Tony could make is to get carried away by last nights result and stick with Nathan( who I do think will make it as a manager). If it all goes wrong over the next few weeks, we will be in serious trouble and not a lot of choices manager wise as it seems the PL merry go round is starting. We do need to keep hold of Nathan

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
When watching him on Boxing Day and last night I saw something completely different to anything in a while. Passion, belief, motivation all the key attributes we need. It is early days yes, but....it shows that WE do have the players that work together but they need leadership. NJ is showing this. Id like to see him for another couple of games. We know hold the ace card like an earlier poster said, therefore if a new manager does come along they know what they have to do.

NJ has definitely brought some passion into the team. We are still light on quality players not on loan. Not convinced we want NJ making decisions on who we need in transfer window. Would have been a good candidate for 3-4 games if we'd binned Hyypia a few games ago but now we need experience alongside Nj to supplement the passion. With what sounded from post match interview like several loan player leaving we are at the critical point for season. For me the other main difference last night was having Holla and Ince in the middle. For once the midfield wasn't overrun. Credit to NJ for staying positive when we got the goal, and pleased to see use use COG as always intended, to hold up play and bring in creativity of Tex. Nice to see us get a deserved win after a long drought!

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Biggest mistake we can make now is to appoint Jones on the basis of two results (one of which was from an abysmal start against Reading). Financially it is the easy option of course, the pay off to Hyypia can be mitigated by a cheaper option in Jones. Yes everyone feels good after an away win at a tough place, and moving out of the bottom three. Still a very long way to go to achieve safety - and to be led by the man who recommended Obika........

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I actually think we could do a lot worse and think it could be possible to give Nathan a chance to the end of the season, He must have had a hand in bringing back COG & CMS and they both played their parts last night. He definitely has the passion which can galvanize the squad into a belief that hey we are actually alot better than our position in the league shows.... If he does well and keeps us up and in some style Bloom then can throw some money at the squad.

el punal

That would again leave us playing catch up in the trf window...... no thanks, its now or never.

Careful what you wish for. Chatting to a couple of Fulham fans last night, they said they were in the same position last season. Fulham sacked Martin Jol, got in Rene Meullenstein (sp?) - sacked him, then decided on Magath the Magician. This the manager who ALWAYS saved clubs from the drop. Oh dear.

Still, this is football - anything and everything can happen.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Biggest mistake we can make now is to appoint Jones on the basis of two results (one of which was from an abysmal start against Reading). Financially it is the easy option of course, the pay off to Hyypia can be mitigated by a cheaper option in Jones. Yes everyone feels good after an away win at a tough place, and moving out of the bottom three. Still a very long way to go to achieve safety - and to be led by the man who recommended Obika........

Hyypia resigned so there is no pay off

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
When watching him on Boxing Day and last night I saw something completely different to anything in a while. Passion, belief, motivation all the key attributes we need. It is early days yes, but....it shows that WE do have the players that work together but they need leadership. NJ is showing this. Id like to see him for another couple of games. We know hold the ace card like an earlier poster said, therefore if a new manager does come along they know what they have to do.

You overlook cider drinking and hugs with girlfriend.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
All Jones has done is show a bit of passion and pick the best 11 players available. If we had done that in the previous 22 games, we would probably be in the top half.

Jones seems like a good coach, but can he identity new players to add to the squad in January?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Hyypia resigned so there is no pay off
They would have paid up his first year, then agreed to say he resigned so as not to blot his CV when he looks for jobs elsewhere,...... common practice.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I actually think we could do a lot worse and think it could be possible to give Nathan a chance to the end of the season, He must have had a hand in bringing back COG & CMS and they both played their parts last night. He definitely has the passion which can galvanize the squad into a belief that hey we are actually alot better than our position in the league shows.... If he does well and keeps us up and in some style Bloom then can throw some money at the squad.

Think he had more than a hand in these recalls. They point to the fact that he's decisive, makes good decisions, and the board are willing to listen. The one thing you don't want as a manager are no, or limited, options up-front. With Bent's loan now confirmed as finished, let's hope we see some movement on forwards early in the transfer window. I'd be happy with a loan, if we haven't got someone (from Europe?) lined up.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We're in the same position again. If the board were to hand the role to Jones then he would need a competent number 2. I like Jones, and he is clearly passionate about the club and the role, but for the good of the Albion I would say that now is the time to appointment a new manager with their own back room set up. Putting NJ in that role, where he is inexperienced in matters of management and recruitment, would be an error and not looking to the long-term. Sure, it's a short-term sticking plaster, but that's all it is. And besides the two good results we've had, I still think we need major improvements to avoid a potential drop. Can NJ bring that about?

The trouble is who comes in? Houghton leaves me cold, as does Sherwood. Pulis will have had his head turned by other clubsif we haven't been forthright enough in offering him a deal. It would be a coup if we could get Sherringham, but that would never happen. I don't envy the board their task.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The trouble is who comes in? Houghton leaves me cold, as does Sherwood. Pulis will have had his head turned by other clubsif we haven't been forthright enough in offering him a deal. It would be a coup if we could get Sherringham, but that would never happen. I don't envy the board their task.

Jones not experienced enough, but you want Sherringham ? I'll have what you are drinking

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here