Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barber advises Albion fans to avoid illegal ticket scams...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If people are caught touting for loyalty points or profit, then I hope the club throw the book at them.

The quote I posted has nothing whatsoever to do with season tickets. And the practice he's talking about is a downright SHITTY way for Albion fans to behave. They have every right to try to stop it, if they can.

Agreed. I know we like to moan about the demon Barber and the Albion ticketing system (often with total justification), but it's hard to see how he's in the wrong here. All I ask is for a decent Exchange. If the club get that right (and surely it's in their interest to) they could probably sell around 40,000 tickets for each home game!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Barber-out should have asked Tony to make this statement.
At least that way he could have guaranteed 100% agreement from the fans.

Astounding isn't it. All these proclamations will have Tony's say so, but Barber gets the blame. I suppose that's why he's so well paid.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Forever:shrug:

If you are a Albion fan that has followed the club at every opportunity you can, surely these fans are going to keep following and spend their cash and should be prioritised, its not that we had anymore than 15,000 that did this but they should have top priority.

Don't get me wrong i will not be at the top of the loyalty points list but i'd like to think these fans should get priority over the Amex newbie.

Maybe they'll have records for Withdean, but how on earth would you go about proving you went to the Goldstone / Gillingham ? Are you seriously suggesting fans present antique ticket stubs (that could have been anyones anyway) ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
How long do we not have to have been at the Goldstone, Gillingham or Withdean for fans to stop bringing this up and think they have a devine right for more loyalty points than those newer fans ?
As someone who was at all those grounds .... I agree. Gillingham was TWENTY YEARS ago for crying out loud. Loads of our fans weren't even born then and can say with total justification "I never went to Priestfield"

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Forever:shrug:

If you are a Albion fan that has followed the club at every opportunity you can, surely these fans are going to keep following and spend their cash and should be prioritised, its not that we had anymore than 15,000 that did this but they should have top priority.

Don't get me wrong i will not be at the top of the loyalty points list but i'd like to think these fans should get priority over the Amex newbie.

i have followed the Albion at every opportunity thats been available to me, but due to playing football on a saturday for 20 years rarely got the opportunity to go to games other than midweek home matches.
I gave up playing football at 37 when the Amex was built to secure my seat as it were. I dont feel i should have any less priority to a seat or points than someone who went every week over that time.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Astounding isn't it. All these proclamations will have Tony's say so, but Barber gets the blame. I suppose that's why he's so well paid.

I wonder how much involvement TB has/wants in the day-to-day running of the admin side of the club. For sure, he will approved the club's overarching strategy on touting - one of zero tolerance. Will he, though, have approved every single piece of execution by PB in implementing the strategy - such as this latest club statement? Personally, based on no more than an assumption that there's little point appointing a £500k+ pa CEO if you want to personally approve every bit of detail, I doubt it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Tickets for the home match v Man City have been sold for high prices, always over £100, on the Internet.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I really find it irksome that if certain STH are allegedly buying tickets for away games, then selling them on for profit, it's really not fair to genuine fans, who are not STH, and may have the chance to go to these games.
I myself am not a STH, just through costs and work, but that's just MY CHOICE.
I may speak for others in the same situation?
But these guys and girls should be given every opportunity to purchase tickets, genuinely, instead of paying through the nose.
PB may be doing the club some good in this matter:thumbsup:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Tickets for the home match v Man City have been sold for high prices, always over £100, on the Internet.

Hmm. Not good. I wonder how long the club will continue to allow STH to buy a "guest" ticket (after Bronze members have been able to buy, if I recall correctly) if that continues.

D

Deleted member 2719

Maybe they'll have records for Withdean, but how on earth would you go about proving you went to the Goldstone / Gillingham ? Are you seriously suggesting fans present antique ticket stubs (that could have been anyones anyway) ?

Surely any proper business should have a database of their customers, in my business i would know what they had for lunch !

I do realise Archers records may never have existed, are you suggesting that we didn't know of our customers before???

I am open to interrogation if the club feel the need to question my past Albion games.

D

Deleted member 2719

i have followed the Albion at every opportunity thats been available to me, but due to playing football on a saturday for 20 years rarely got the opportunity to go to games other than midweek home matches.
I gave up playing football at 37 when the Amex was built to secure my seat as it were. I dont feel i should have any less priority to a seat or points than someone who went every week over that time.

I too played football for 20 years so only went when we had postponed games or early/late season, but the effort was their to follow my club over land and land.

So you made the effort you should have more priority, than just the punter who likes a nice new sparkly stadium and a comfy seat. I know of so many Albion fans who said yeah mate i never went to that shiteholes, Priestfield and Withdean if we get a new Stadium i will go.

So who gets the priority???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Surely any proper business should have a database of their customers, in my business i would know what they had for lunch !

I do realise Archers records may never have existed, are you suggesting that we didn't know of our customers before???

I am open to interrogation if the club feel the need to question my past Albion games.

You forget the club was running on a shoestring at Withdean. I know a lot of paperwork to do with the Alive and Kicking campaign got lost when the club shop moved across Queens Road. I know that because I was entitled to a Heritage stone for my contributions and the club only had the record for 6 out of the ten standing order payments that I made. I couldn't afford the £250 in one go, so set up a standing order for £25 a month.
Luckily I still had my bank statements which I took to the North Street offices.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hmm. Not good. I wonder how long the club will continue to allow STH to buy a "guest" ticket (after Bronze members have been able to buy, if I recall correctly) if that continues.

I think the buyers bought tickets next to each other to get a purchase history at the back end of last season. Some fans will be sitting next to Man City supporters which does not do segregation any good. I would guess that over a hundred points of possible conflict.

Guest seats is not the problem.

D

Deleted member 2719

You forget the club was running on a shoestring at Withdean. I know a lot of paperwork to do with the Alive and Kicking campaign got lost when the club shop moved across Queens Road. I know that because I was entitled to a Heritage stone for my contributions and the club only had the record for 6 out of the ten standing order payments that I made. I couldn't afford the £250 in one go, so set up a standing order for £25 a month.
Luckily I still had my bank statements which I took to the North Street offices.

I don't forget the shoestring budget but i would have thought we kept records of our paying customers. They could have asked fans for free help in administrating this as i am sure they would have done this, i would have been happy to help out as like you i contributed to the alive and kicking fund.

You should be near the top of the list when it comes to loyalty because of your donation and years of support. (so should i !!)

Are you suggesting we do not know who put their hands in their pockets when we were at deaths door?

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Barber advises Albion fans to avoid illegal ticket scams...

Does that include paying Premier League prices to watch a Championship team ? ouch !!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't forget the shoestring budget but i would have thought we kept records of our paying customers. They could have asked fans for free help in administrating this as i am sure they would have done this, i would have been happy to help out as like you i contributed to the alive and kicking fund.

You should be near the top of the list when it comes to loyalty because of your donation and years of support. (so should i !!)

Are you suggesting we do not know who put their hands in their pockets when we were at deaths door?

I'm saying the club have forgotten. As it happens I have over 300 points for away games, so am near the top in any case.

What I dislike is fans buying tickets and then flogging them for profit.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Which part of this quote, do you take issue with? I think he's absolutely spot on.

Precisely. There are some who just want to have a pop at Barber regardless. He could be handing them a free million pounds and some will still have a go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here