Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barber: 20,000 Season-Ticket Renewals for next season

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Surprised that he's giving until Thursday to cancel for DD payers. To me, that sounds like they're worried about losing people at the end of the season if we don't get in the playoffs.

It is all to do with the rolling direct debit payments , the first payment for the 2014/2015 season ticket is taken at the beginning of April.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How many of them 20,000 included the 3 or 4 thousand that don't turn up every game and just renew to keep the seat, for when we reach the prem( which we will, one season). Everyone that isn't blind knows when they crowd is announced at 27,000 there is only 23,000 in the ground.....So in effect we have lost 3,500 st holders. There will be many more upturned blue seats next season, that's for sure.....Unless of course we go up, which is still possible until it's not possible anymore. Then it will be full houses every week.

Welcome to How Football Works at every club in the country.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is there still such thing as a "waiting list" for STs? All seems a bit vague. Anyone here on it? Do you get contacted at renewal stage if tickets become available?

HOWS IT ALL WORK?!?!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The numbers are completely what I would expect. DD payers are always lazy, even if they feel might cancel they won't. It's a very different thing from having to proactively pay up front each season.

The big shock for me is this bit:

"We are also looking at different ways of enhancing matchdays at the Amex, including giving season-ticket holders free wifi, opening an additional pre-turnstile bar and investigating the possibility of external food and beverage options and entertainment.

"We are also adding more non-matchday fan engagement events for season-ticket holders across the season."

If they get that to work that is a definite plus that I thought I'd never see.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How many of them 20,000 included the 3 or 4 thousand that don't turn up every game and just renew to keep the seat, for when we reach the prem( which we will, one season). Everyone that isn't blind knows when they crowd is announced at 27,000 there is only 23,000 in the ground.....So in effect we have lost 3,500 st holders. There will be many more upturned blue seats next season, that's for sure.....Unless of course we go up, which is still possible until it's not possible anymore. Then it will be full houses every week.

So much rubbish.

Let's say, for argument's sake, that 1 in 7 STH don't turn up for a given game. Why do you assume that its the SAME people who don't turn up for any? What these figures actually mean is that each STH misses an average of 3 or 4 games a season. Seems entirely reasonable for people with things in their lives beyond ONLY the football.

I consider myself as loyal / avid / rabid / committed a fan as any, but I've missed two games this season, due to work commitments (and thus my two lads missed them too). Miss one more match and we have contributed to the average (3500 missing each game).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Welcome to How Football Works at every club in the country.

Bit disappointed he didn't manage to crowbar a reference to Poyet in there somewhere to be honest. He's losing his touch.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
i've cancelled mine

well, at least i think i have. i rang up their hotline and the guy curtly told me i had to email them for confirmation as they don't do it on the phone. I emailed them early last week and have had no confirmation or response yet, except for an automatic response letting me know they received my email

strange

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The numbers are completely what I would expect. DD payers are always lazy, even if they feel might cancel they won't. It's a very different thing from having to proactively pay up front each season.

"We are also looking at different ways of enhancing matchdays at the Amex, including giving season-ticket holders free wifi, opening an additional pre-turnstile bar and investigating the possibility of external food and beverage options and entertainment.

"We are also adding more non-matchday fan engagement events for season-ticket holders across the season."

External food / drink concessions would be MINT*

*When the weather is nice.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

It would have to be INCREDIBLY powerful to cover the 5,000-10,000 people who would probably try to access it at some point or the other, no?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It would have to be INCREDIBLY powerful to cover the 5,000-10,000 people who would probably try to access it at some point or the other, no?

1901ers already get free wi-fi access (in the lounges - it doesn't reach my seat). It works pretty well, and bandwidth seems ok.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
External entertainment = dancing girls

External food and drink = hot dogs

The two maybe one and the same

I'm leaning towards a Bavarian Style sunny beer garden, with strong lagers in massive glasses, served by pretty girls in corsets with massive tits.

Barber is a businessman. It's nailed on.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
How do none season ticket holders purchase season tickets? When the club phoned about the 1901 season tickets that I inquired about on here last month then it was a disaster.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I'm leaning towards a Bavarian Style sunny beer garden, with strong lagers in massive glasses, served by pretty girls in corsets with massive tits.

Barber is a businessman. It's nailed on.

Attachments

• 628x471.jpg
    628x471.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 512

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here