Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barack Obama Vs. John McCain

Who would you have as the next PRESIDENT ?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 84 84.8%
  • John McCain

Votes: 15 15.2%

• Total voters

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I think everyone on earth should be an atheist. How many million lives would have been saved over the centuries without this man-made phenomenen?

With you 100% on that one. As for your earlier post, it's not much more than a year ago that it was going to be Hilary running against Condi for the big job.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
You lot do make me laugh with your pompous declarations on why obama MUST win, do you really think that either of the candidates, their supporters or the american general public give a flying f*** what people anywhere else in the world thinks ?

You are absolutely right - people tha have been to America, will know that they don't have international news, because nothing ever happens outside of America's borders!

Exactly why do you think he won't last 4 years? Assasination, impeachment etc.

There was news of an assaination attempt on Obama in the news today - the second one that police have foiled. White supremacists will go mad if he wins.

The Telegraph - Whites supremacists 'plotted to assainate Barack Obama in top hat and tails'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You lot do make me laugh with your pompous declarations on why obama MUST win, do you really think that either of the candidates, their supporters or the american general public give a flying f*** what people anywhere else in the world thinks ?

I'm not sure about the supporters but Obama certainly gives a 'flying f***' about what the rest of the world thinks. Hence his numerous journey's to other countries.

Just out of interest..who do you want to win? I've seen a lot of cynical comments from you regarding this election but nothing which really states who you want to win.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What's that got to do with anything? Of course they don't give a f***. Who cares? Nothing posted on here changes anything, except perhaps what to have for lunch. It's just a discussion forum for a load of ordinary people to air and share their views.

Anyway after Iraq, Afgahnistan, Abu Girab, Guantanemo Bay, extraordinary rendition, government-authorised torture, etc America needs to apply for re-admission to the human race. Obama's the man to do it.

And like others have said the thought of President Palin scares me rigid.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm not sure about the supporters but Obama certainly gives a 'flying f***' about what the rest of the world thinks. Hence his numerous journey's to other countries.

Just out of interest..who do you want to win? I've seen a lot of cynical comments from you regarding this election but nothing which really states who you want to win.
correct me if i'm wrong but im sure this is the first time ive posted on this subject ? oh, and i want mccain to win.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
correct me if i'm wrong but im sure this is the first time ive posted on this subject ? oh, and i want mccain to win.

I'm sure I've seen you indirectly reference the election before but I am happy to be correcred. Okay. now you've declared your hand why do you want McCain? And what do you think of Palin?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
couldn't he tell me himself ?
Yes, but he probably didn't think it was worth replying to. I did because it emphasised the point I made about it being a discussion forum.

Anyway, I see you've come out for McCain. Fair enough. Why? (I AM interested btw)

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
What's that got to do with anything? Of course they don't give a f***. Who cares? Nothing posted on here changes anything, except perhaps what to have for lunch. It's just a discussion forum for a load of ordinary people to air and share their views.

Anyway after Iraq, Afgahnistan, Abu Girab, Guantanemo Bay, extraordinary rendition, government-authorised torture, etc America needs to apply for re-admission to the human race. Obama's the man to do it.

And like others have said the thought of President Palin scares me rigid.

so ............. what you having for lunch then ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm sure I've seen you indirectly reference the election before but I am happy to be correcred. Okay. now you've declared your hand why do you want McCain? And what do you think of Palin?
i may have indirectly referenced it, like you i cant be sure, why do i want mccain ? simply because it will be incredibly amusing to watch the toys come out of the pram if your poster boy obama loses :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i may have indirectly referenced it, like you i cant be sure, why do i want mccain ? simply because it will be incredibly amusing to watch the toys come out of the pram if your poster boy obama loses :lol:

...and when he wins?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
...and when he wins?
then he wins , what do you want me to say ? i'll be honest that i dont know enough about it , but does the president really have the power these days ? i dont think dubya has , he's just a puppet controlled by the neo-cons from my limited knowledge, would the same go for obama? as for palin? i more than happily would, but it really irritates me that she is being mocked for among other things having christian beliefs in a way that commentators wouldnt dare do to a muslim.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
then he wins , what do you want me to say ?

I was hoping for a weeny bit of depth and reasoning to your comments. Maybe sometimes I just ask for too much?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
simply because it will be incredibly amusing to watch the toys come out of the pram if your poster boy obama loses :lol:

Yes I'm absolutely convinced that that's the reason :thud:

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
I remember a few years back, my friend at uni, a palace fan who was obscenely racist as a person, turned round to me over a beer and said "I will be dead before there is a n***er in the white house"

And that is one reason, I would LOVE Obama to be elected. Plus I think that McCain is far too much close to Bush than he lets on and has the same values as George W. Which is scary that the americans would elect someone so similar...also Palin in charge worries the f*** out of me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here