Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banned for life.. (Update: post #428)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I find this hard to believe, to be honest.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How exactly did all this unfold Sid - were you actually ejected from the Liverpool game for shouting "sheepsgagger" ? How have you been informed by the club, presumably in writing ? Can we see the letter ?

Not that I'm doubting, but this seems absolutely outrageous, to be given a lifetime ban just for chanting "sheepshaggers". Is there DEFINITELY not any more to this than that ? Because otherwise, thats just a mindboggling overreaction and totally out of order.

I'll be disgusted with the Albion if that is the case.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
I'd love to know the real legal position on this one. How can it be racism? He's the same race as us, its nothing to do with race.(Something like 95%-100% of all British and Irish DNA is the same wherever you come from). On that basis, virtually all insults could be somehow tenuously linked to your background/race. I'd get legal advice as I think its bollocks.

Can someone get a poll going on here to see how many of us will admit that at any time in the past you have shouted or sang "sheepshaggers" at a football match. Would it have been racist if directed at a Norwich or Ipswich fan???

Shame on plod for wasting my council tax money - this country is turning into a Gestapo Khazi.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Assuming this is true,

Joke, I don't know what you said/did but if it was just chanting like the everyone else a song which isn't racist then why pick you out. Where you the person Mr Hebbard referred to in an email question on the Albion roar?

I hope they now go on to stamp out all fans who come to the Amex with there homophobic crap. When there is blatent racism elsewhere they choose to go on this? Ridiculous.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
RE: Confirmed Identification of racism (Brighton V Liverpool 21/09/11)

Dear Sid,

Following a complaint of racism on said date, you have be positively identified as a participant in this wholly unsavoury and unacceptable behaviour.

We have decided to impose a indefinite exclusion on you.

This means you will not be able to attend any matches at the AMEX Community Stadium, we will not be reviewing this at any stage. No appeals will be considered at any stage in the future. This will also prevent you from purchasing tickets for away games.

We are trying to create a welcoming, family friendly atmosphere here at the AMEX Community Stadium and therefore find such behaviour totally unacceptable hence the exclusion.

Yours Sincerely,

Richard Hebberd

cc: PC Darren Balkham
Chris Baker - Safety Officer.

The amount of f***ing money i spent on this lot ove the years.

Its over, finished.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
That's it now, at away games i will complain at every gay chant we get. It's getting silly all this banning crap. I feel for you Sid.

This. Letters to police and FA, the f***ing lot.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
RE: Conformed Identification of racism (Brighton V Liverpool 21/09/11)

Dear Sid,

Following a complaint of racism on said date, you have be positively identified as a participant in this wholly unsavoury and unacceptable behaviour.

This means you will not be able to attend any matches at the AMEX Community Stadium, we will not be reviewing this at any stage. No appeals will be considered at any stage in the future. This will also prevent you from purchasing tickets for away games.

We are trying to create a welcoming, family friendly atmosphere here at the AMEX Community Stadium and therefore find such behaviour totally unacceptable hence the exclusion.

Yours Sincerely,

Richard Hebberd

Its over, finished.

Whereabouts was your seat at the Amex? I'm wondering if it's a better view than I currently have.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

what's Conformed Identity? You'd think they would make sure they got the right word in there, wouldn't you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not convinced by that letter.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull

Dear Sid,

Yours Sincerely,

Richard Hebberd

Its over, finished.

not exactly a SCAN of the letter is it?

Anyone can write that......sorry but I have joined the bollocks brigade,.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here