Of Montreal
The National
Jurassic 5
The Shins

Amongst others..

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Have they done 4 albums? Or 5? I have the latest 3, are any earlier albums worth checking out?
5 now, latest released in May of this year, titled "High Violet", which I've acquired but not real chance to get into. Of the previous four Alligator has to be my favourite, with Boxer close behind. The debut's decent, but they don't hit real form until Alligator I wouldn't say. The other one I have (Sad Songs for..?) but again, not overly familiar with/didn't take to it as well as the later albums.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
5 now, latest released in May of this year, titled "High Violet", which I've acquired but not real chance to get into. Of the previous four Alligator has to be my favourite, with The Boxer close behind. The debut's decent, but they don't hit real form until Alligator I wouldn't say. The other one I have (Sad Songs for..?) but again, not overly familiar with/didn't take to it as well as the later albums.

Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers

Alligator is by far their best album, and then High Violet and then Boxer in my opinion.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
5 now, latest released in May of this year, titled "High Violet", which I've acquired but not real chance to get into. Of the previous four Alligator has to be my favourite, with Boxer close behind. The debut's decent, but they don't hit real form until Alligator I wouldn't say. The other one I have (Sad Songs for..?) but again, not overly familiar with/didn't take to it as well as the later albums.

That's roughly what I thought. I own Alligator, Boxer and High Violet, all SUPERB albums. High Violet fits really well with those 2, whereas earlier stuff I've heard hasn't had the same "atmosphere".

Saw them last week in Brighton, stunning gig.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers

Alligator is by far their best album, and then High Violet and then Boxer in my opinion.

I can't really find a gap between the 3, all of them have 5 or 6 brilliant tracks for me.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
aha.jpg

you going to this then?

The Brighton Centre

Loads of 1960's psych and beat bands I have the lot of - as well as some US blues dudes (Muddy Waters, Lightnin' Hopkins).
Also Yardbirds, Artwoods, Hendrix (inc all his guest appearances/sessions), The Who (inc "Who Did It", the fanclub limited issue from the late 60's). Not to mention several bands whose output was limited to a couple of albums and a single or two, as well as a couple of groups that only issued 45s.

More recently, I've bought everything out by Porcupine Tree, but in their case it's been CDs and not much on vinyl.

Last edited:

Jan 13, 2010
Bedfordshire
I think you can probaly guess I've got all Springsteens!

As for his bootlegs - no one can have all of them - but for what it's worth my favourite is "Live in The Promised Land" which was the best of the 1978 classic radio broadcast live shows.

I think you can probaly guess I've got all Springsteens!

As for his bootlegs - no one can have all of them - but for what it's worth my favourite is "Live in The Promised Land" which was the best of the 1978 classic radio broadcast live shows.

I had a few in the past - 'Fire On the Fingertips' was one title, 'Live From Asbury Park', and the one you mentioned....which is a double isn't it?
He's one of the better live artists to have set foot on a stage, and back when those boots were abounding some of his unreleased stuff was top quality too.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
The Jam/Style Council/Paul Weller
Blur
The Kinks
The Small Faces
The Beatles
Supergrass
The Smiths
Happy Mondays
Charlatans
Stone Roses
Super Furry Animals
Strokes
British Sea Power
Primal Scream

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If the criteria is 3 or more albums

The Cure
The Smiths
New Order
The Chameleons
The Jam
Elvis Costello and the Attractions
Placebo
Arctic Monkeys
Editors
Interpol
Pearl Jam
Pet Shop Boys
Radiohead
Sisters of Mercy
Talk Talk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If the criteria is 3 or more albums

The Cure
The Smiths
New Order
The Chameleons
The Jam
Elvis Costello and the Attractions
Placebo
Arctic Monkeys
Editors
Interpol
Pearl Jam
Pet Shop Boys
Radiohead
Sisters of Mercy
Talk Talk

What? No Fall?

(and it's criterION not criteria if you're talking about a singular)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here