Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Bands/artists with a long-ish career: name a brilliant final/recent album and a honker.

Brilliant: Judas Priest - "Firepower". Stunning record. It is genuinely up there as one of the best albums of their 50 year career. Easily the best album since "Painkiller" in the early 90s for sure. Andy Sneap hit the perfect sweet spot with the production on it.

Honker: Machine Head - "Catharsis". Even their previous album before it, "Bloodstone & Diamond", had a few bonafide classics on it like 'Now We Die', 'Killers & Kings' and 'Game Over', which will always be in and around their live setlist. However "Catharsis"...had some fine tracks in the front half, the awful track 'B******s' in the middle, and a forgettable and bloated back end. They get a lot of stick for their nu-metal period in the late 90s/early 00s, but this challenges "Supercharger" for being their worst album. And I say that as someone who considers them one of my favourite bands.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Not really in the classic category but I thought Bombay Bicycle Club’s latest album was a quality comeback after 5 years out and a 10 year career prior to that.

I love them dearly, both albums in fact, but All for One by the Stone Roses should never have seen the light of day. Preferred the original from Dogtanian and the three muskahounds!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought Springsteen's "Western Stars" last year was very good,.

Agreed, I love it but it is VERY MOR

Sacrilege I know but I’m not a fan of most of his stuff

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I'm gonna cheat and use the same band for both.
Blondie's last album before they split, The Hunter, was dreadful.

Then, after a long hiatus the came back in 1999 with the brilliant No Exit, and 2017's Pollinator is an amazing album.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I thought last year's Specials album was great.

And despite listening to Ezra Furman's previous two albums non-stop and thinking he was unbelievable live Transangelic Whateveritwas wasb dreadful and I've never felt tempted to give it a second listen

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Give Out But Don't Give Up: The Original Memphis Recordings Primal Scream.
Rod Stewart The Great American Song book.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Sgt Pepper’s
Yellow submarine

Am no longer sure which rules (if any) I’m following, but they’re my contribution.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not an album, but an actual artist....Morrissey. When he started out he was an interesting and enigmatic person who was clever and had a certain wit .....now he seems a miserable and bitter old dinosaur with dubious views.

Going the other way David Byrne seemed like hard work back in the day. He seems to have relaxed with life as a solo artist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here