Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Bands/artists who made just the one stellar album

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Fantastic album.
I also bought my wife a later version, 2017, of All things Must pass by George Harrison. Members of Derek and the Dominos including Eric Clapton play on the album, most notably on the third album of the set which is a jamming session.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Associates Sulk.jpg
R-1144968-1513786321-8414.jpeg.jpg
R-2855963-1358630620-3356.jpeg.jpg
LifeOnTheLine.jpg

Last edited:

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I also bought my wife a later version, 2017, of All things Must pass by George Harrison. Members of Derek and the Dominos including Eric Clapton play on the album, most notably on the third album of the set which is a jamming session.

Again a fantastic album.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
A bit controversial, never been much of a Dylan fan, but love this album in it's entire'ty.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I did, used to love the Dome and the facility to often pick up tickets a few days before or on the night. This booking 9 months in advance at a stupid price to watch a band holds no interest at all to me these days. Do many bands even play the Dome any more?

Edit just checked and I see plenty of past their sell by dates artists are appearing there :smile:

One band I didn’t even know existed are playing there in April - Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets who play early Floyd Psychedelia. I think I might get myself along to that one! My first ever concert was at the Marlowe Theatre Canterbury just after the release of Saucerful of Secrets when Dave Gilmour had recently replaced Syd Barrett

Thanks for the mention of the Dome Harry!

Just checked the recent set list, ooohh this is exciting to this old hippie

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick...s/2019/hala-torwar-warsaw-poland-39e051f.html

Top work :cheers:

The last music I saw at the Marlowe was Caravan, Daevid Allen, Richard Sinclair (Canterbury Festival about 12 years ago). I still go to plenty of gigs, but mostly small venues in London, for my current fascinations (VNV Nation, Boy Harsher, Hante, SRSQ, and, on Sunday, 80 hair-metal revivalists Lebrock)....mmmmm.....nice :lolol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4e5soNlNQE

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A bit controversial, never been much of a Dylan fan, but love this album in it's entire'ty.

Just burn him

Dylan has more Stellar albums than any other musician EVER imo

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
First side great but not sure about the second, which always struck me as self indulgent. Orange Skies, The Castle and She comes in Colours I'd say are as good or better than anything on the wonderful Forever Changes. I was a fan at the time and still am!

Love (Arthur Lee plus some yound musicians) played at Mount Ephraim (Canterbury) festival 10+ years ago. We went along expecting rubbish. It was....stunning. Old fans of my vintage were in tears. In my top five favourite gigs of all time....it helps to know all the songs. They made a DVD at the time (which I have) but Arthur died a few years later. Not that much before the gig he came out of jain laving been banged up for '3 strikes and your out'. It must have been amazing for him soon after for these youngsters to pull him out of retirement and recreate his sound so perfectly. And his voice was unchanged. <sigh> :love:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Love (Arthur Lee plus some yound musicians) played at Mount Ephraim (Canterbury) festival 10+ years ago. We went along expecting rubbish. It was....stunning. Old fans of my vintage were in tears. In my top five favourite gigs of all time....it helps to know all the songs. They made a DVD at the time (which I have) but Arthur died a few years later. Not that much before the gig he came out of jain laving been banged up for '3 strikes and your out'. It must have been amazing for him soon after for these youngsters to pull him out of retirement and recreate his sound so perfectly. And his voice was unchanged. <sigh> :love:

I love that DVD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtSbG-Qnhf4

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I actually bought Forever Changes the same day I bought this - The first It's a Beautiful Day album, which I still play and really enjoy. I don't think they ever did anything to match it afterwards - the classic "White Bird".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnsGGDlZXSE

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I did, used to love the Dome and the facility to often pick up tickets a few days before or on the night. This booking 9 months in advance at a stupid price to watch a band holds no interest at all to me these days. Do many bands even play the Dome any more?

Edit just checked and I see plenty of past their sell by dates artists are appearing there :smile:

One band I didn’t even know existed are playing there in April - Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets who play early Floyd Psychedelia. I think I might get myself along to that one! My first ever concert was at the Marlowe Theatre Canterbury just after the release of Saucerful of Secrets when Dave Gilmour had recently replaced Syd Barrett

Thanks for the mention of the Dome Harry!

Just checked the recent set list, ooohh this is exciting to this old hippie

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick...s/2019/hala-torwar-warsaw-poland-39e051f.html

NM's outfit is superb. As is the Dome, best venue for miles.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
One of my favourite albums of all time. The rest is meh.

51ALygj4tEL.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Another personal fave, but cheating a bit I guess.

R-191456-1211035322.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here