Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Bands/artists who made just the one stellar album

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Derek and the Dominos - Layla and other assorted love songs, just got an early LP pressing of this and it is a great album.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Rod_Stewart-Every_Picture_Tells_A_Story-Frontal.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I take your point but Live Dates smashes Argus....did you see them at The Dome in 74/5?

I did, used to love the Dome and the facility to often pick up tickets a few days before or on the night. This booking 9 months in advance at a stupid price to watch a band holds no interest at all to me these days. Do many bands even play the Dome any more?

Edit just checked and I see plenty of past their sell by dates artists are appearing there :smile:

One band I didn’t even know existed are playing there in April - Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets who play early Floyd Psychedelia. I think I might get myself along to that one! My first ever concert was at the Marlowe Theatre Canterbury just after the release of Saucerful of Secrets when Dave Gilmour had recently replaced Syd Barrett

Thanks for the mention of the Dome Harry!

Just checked the recent set list, ooohh this is exciting to this old hippie

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick...s/2019/hala-torwar-warsaw-poland-39e051f.html

Last edited:

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
I take your point but Live Dates smashes Argus....did you see them at The Dome in 74/5?

Saw them at the Dome 72,74,76,80 then in 81 walked out they were terrible with a new line up.
I listen to 'There's the Rub' more than Argus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here