Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ball #8

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It has but we still put out decent teams, maybe 1 or 2 changes. Also, I think the majority of our games in those 2 seasons were away. We played Coventry and WBA at home, I can't remember any others.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

2018- Palace (H) Middlesbrough (A) Coventry City (H) Fielded weakened sides against weakened sides (except Cov). Good win at Boro though. Late Murray goal.

2019- Bournemouth (A)- I think about 18-19 changes across both sides. WBA then Derby County at home (WBA put out a weakened side). Millwall (A)- we put a stronger(ish) side out (I think).

I don't think there is any reason why we shouldn't make it a priority. Folk do say it isn't important but soon get into it !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The same Millwall that knocked Everton out, who were greatly helped by a rubbish referee, and couldn't keep up for 90 minutes plus extra time? Who couldn't out score us in a penalty shootout? That Millwall?
I have no idea why you still carry a torch for that game.

[MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION] is correct, the Albion were woeful that day.
Only 2 things were worse, the weather and Millwall.

Winning doesn't automatically mean good.

For the Albion to progress their keeper had to throw the ball into his own net, that is not a performance to champion.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

[MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION] is correct, the Albion were woeful that day.

For the Albion to progress their keeper had to throw the ball into his own net, that is not a performance to champion.

Brighton beat Millwall and the Referee , two wins in a day has to be good.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Dunno, but we've got four Wetherspoons within a twenty minute walk of the local ground here. If that's not enough to entice you, I don't know what will!

I love St.James's Park, and paid a few visits there to watch the Albion in years past. Have they knocked down that row of old Victorianlooking houses along one side of the ground now?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The slow motion replay showed the ball going straight through his hands, so it wasn't an own goal. There was still another 30 minutes play after that, and the penalty shoot out.
It was reminiscent of the Swindon playoff game where they were better, but still lost due to a lapse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The slow motion replay showed the ball going straight through his hands, so it wasn't an own goal. There was still another 30 minutes play after that, and the penalty shoot out.
It was reminiscent of the Swindon playoff game where they were better, but still lost due to a lapse.

There's nowt so blind as those that won't see.
From 11 minutes on wards.

You are correct there was a further 30 minutes, you've omitted the fact that was against 10 men.
Followed by a penalty shoot out.

It's ok to say 'blimey we were shite that day'.
Yet every time someone does, and we do frequently, (because we were shite that day) you jump to the games defense, even now making stuff up.

I just don't understand why you have such a thing for that game (which was shite).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There's nowt so blind as those that won't see.
From 11 minutes on wards.

You are correct there was a further 30 minutes, you've omitted the fact that was against 10 men.
Followed by a penalty shoot out.

It's ok to say 'blimey we were shite that day'.
Yet every time someone does, and we do frequently, (because we were shite that day) you jump to the games defense, even now making stuff up.

I just don't understand why you have such a thing for that game (which was shite).

Nobody's asking you to understand.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Can you post a link to that replay because everyone I've seen shows the ball going wide!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I love St.James's Park, and paid a few visits there to watch the Albion in years past. Have they knocked down that row of old Victorianlooking houses along one side of the ground now?

They've renovated the north/west side of the ground, but most of the surrounding neighbourhood is still residential/student accommodation now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here