Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ball #8

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I officially don't give a flying **** about the FA Cup.

Especially after visiting Wembley last year. It's just such a shit place to watch football.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Quire and semi finals in the last 2 years, I think we have taken it seriously. Hopefully we will go at least one better this year.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Quire and semi finals in the last 2 years, I think we have taken it seriously. Hopefully we will go at least one better this year.

I think it's more that we've been fortunate with the draw.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The most matches a team has to play to reach the semi final is six. Four if it goes well. There is no reason why we shouldn't make an effort.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd rather we brushed it aside this season, get Prem established (as much as you can) and then have a go for the cup.

When do you think the Albion will be in a position that the following seasons Premier League place will be a foregone conclusion?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I think it's more that we've been fortunate with the draw.
It has but we still put out decent teams, maybe 1 or 2 changes. Also, I think the majority of our games in those 2 seasons were away. We played Coventry and WBA at home, I can't remember any others.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Newcastle away would be a decent draw.

Amen, brother! Although another trip to the top of St James' (this time in JANUARY) might not be ideal!

Obviously, I would expect us to take it seriously and I would expect to see the man himself, Alireza Jahanbakhsh, from the start. I most certainly would not want to see Button in goal, or Bong in the travelling party. :annoyed:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The most matches a team has to play to reach the semi final is six. Four if it goes well. There is no reason why we shouldn't make an effort.

Strange there's 8 rounds from the Preliminary Round to the 3rd Round (more if replays required), so the semi final is at most 22 matches (if my maths are right)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pretty sure we took the FA Cup a bit seriously last season. Either that or it was a run of soft draws and/or outrageous good fortune. Outplayed by Millwall? REALLY?

The same Millwall that knocked Everton out, who were greatly helped by a rubbish referee, and couldn't keep up for 90 minutes plus extra time? Who couldn't out score us in a penalty shootout? That Millwall?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Surely it's a maximum of 8, not 6 (for teams like us starting from round 3)? Third, fourth, fifth and sixth (quarter finals) rounds, each with a possible relay.
We don't have penalty shoot outs until after the replay, do we?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
...and wasn't it a tip. No-one should have to go there more than once.

True. After over 30 years of waiting to go there I was pretty disappointed with it when I finally did :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here