Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bales beating Serbia

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shouldnt that be ' carrying' the the country team? At least he was born in Cardiff.
As usual that makes no sense.

He's Welsh
He's proud to be Welsh.
He's better than almost every other footballer on the planet.
His national side understand that and play accordingly.

I guess you're either jealous or just your customary sour man.
Either way belittling Wales' rise in world football, on the back of Bale, while you're being represented by serial underachievers, just makes you look petty and small minded.

Oh wait ...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Being mentally unwell is no barrier to being a world class player.

Maradonna for example?

It is if the inability to think rationally affects your performances / decision making too often. Like getting sent off in the Italia '90 World Cup. Or the crazy challenge he made in the FA Cup Final that busted his knee right in his prime and he was never the same player thereafter. Or the boozing that ultimately led to his tragic downfall.

Ultimately, what made Gazza brilliantly unpredictable was also the cause of his downfall and the reason he never even got close to fulfilling his amazing potential. I'd had loved to have seen Gazza without the madness - but then that wouldn't have been Gazza, would it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Always thought Ashley Cole wasn't that far off, handled Ronaldo (Portuguese pit pony) a fair number of times in their battles s.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As usual that makes no sense.

He's Welsh
He's proud to be Welsh.
He's better than almost every other footballer on the planet.
His national side understand that and play accordingly.

I guess you're either jealous or just your customary sour man.
Either way belittling Wales' rise in world football, on the back of Bale, while you're being represented by serial underachievers, just makes you look petty and small minded.

Oh wait ...

A tad jealous as he is the only player who would get into and benefit the England team from Wales. Ramsey might make the squad and be a sub. but the rest never anywhere near. I am not sure that I would want any of the rest in the Brighton team.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Joe Hart is a world class goalkeeper, only Pep Guardiola doesn't rate him and that's because of fashion and not style.

David Beckham was world class, you don't play for the teams he played for without being world class. His set piece delivery and range of passing is unquestionable and he always performed at the big events and in the crunch games. Rio Ferdinand and John Terry were top class centre backs at their time as well, and Ashley Cole was the best left in the world at his pomp.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Because he wasn't mentally flawed at all...............

I don't think he was. He was a boozer - yes, but his decision making on the pitch, and his leadership and the example he set was a massive part in arsenal's success.

Would he make it now? Probably not. He was a player of his time and a great one at that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7662716 said:
If you think Dier, Henderson, Rooney (in CM) or Wilshire are better than Aaron Ramsey you need your head examined.

You need your head examined.

Dier plays as the defensive midfielder unlike Ramsey who in my mind would be in competition with Dele Alli or Lallana. He doesnt play the same role as Henderson but is better in the middle than Rooney but as I said I think Alli should have been there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So we have a Brighton fan arguing AGAINST the benefit of a team playing as a team, in favour of a group of arrogant and flawed individuals.

How odd.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It is if the inability to think rationally affects your performances / decision making too often. Like getting sent off in the Italia '90 World Cup. Or the crazy challenge he made in the FA Cup Final that busted his knee right in his prime and he was never the same player thereafter. Or the boozing that ultimately led to his tragic downfall.

Ultimately, what made Gazza brilliantly unpredictable was also the cause of his downfall and the reason he never even got close to fulfilling his amazing potential. I'd had loved to have seen Gazza without the madness - but then that wouldn't have been Gazza, would it.

So every player that get's sent off is mentally unhinged?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here