Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock - worst signing since when?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Baldock being played completely out of position, onto his wrong foot constantly. Let's focus of CMS shall we, who was LIGHT YEARS worse and cost a lot more.
Agree with this, why we have to keep making room for CMS in the team is beyond me, shown no signs really that he's ever going to come again (at least for us anyway).

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Baldock being played completely out of position, onto his wrong foot constantly. Let's focus of CMS shall we, who was LIGHT YEARS worse and cost a lot more.

Got to agree with this. I'm not convinced he's up to it but how will we ever truely find out wit him being played out there on his wrong foot. Hardly his fault, and the few times the ball did get played over there it was generally pretty poorly done so.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Recent example? - how about Murray and Ulloa. Both played important defensive duties when defending corners.

Give Baldock a 3 game run in the middle and then judge his ability.
I think the operative word was WE. I assume he meant an attacking corner not defending.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
To be honest I can't be arsed any more to try to workout which striker is any good, what system they should be playing under and what combination they should be playing.
It all comes back to having bought the wrong players to play the wrong system with the wrong players around them.
Until the manager can sort this out, preferably with a quality striker, or two, then we are going to remain as a team who can't score and struggle in this league.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Amazed by how clueless some are on here...

Would you judge a plasterer on his ability to hang wallpaper ? Judge a snooker player on how good he was at darts ?

No didn't think you would.

Play Baldock in the position he's proved himself at and then judge his ability.

BHA Haywards Heath

Jan 31, 2012
I'd like to try Colunga in the centre. Can't be worse than CMS. Classic CMS game today. Lots of running, occasionally getting on the end of something, but when he does either the first touch or the final ball let him down. Colunga seems to be the opposite of all these things- can't be arsed to run, but a typically spanish first touch and final ball- erratic but classy.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Possibly the most misguided love-in since your disappointing love-in for Alex Revell t'other day Dave :lol:

The alex revell that ripped us another ******** and is now playing at a decent side in the championship.....that one ross?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Surely if we are playing March, who can cross the ball, then COG would be the best option for a player in the box! He's not great but his attributes are better suited to balls into the box than CMS!

Agree with that.
Unlike CMS and Baldock who worked their socks off closing down defenders, but will never be able to hold the ball up, play in others or compete against powerful centrehalves. And in CMS's case, regularly tuck the ball into championship nets.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'd like to try Colunga in the centre. Can't be worse than CMS. Classic CMS game today. Lots of running, occasionally getting on the end of something, but when he does either the first touch or the final ball let him down. Colunga seems to be the opposite of all these things- can't be arsed to run, but a typically spanish first touch and final ball- erratic but classy.

Lazy shit end of.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Maybe just maybe we need to play him for a few games in his best position just to give him a chance, play any player out of position and it will affect their form

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Alex Revell that used to run around Withdean like a poundshop CMS and made the role of headless chicken his own... that one Dave :thumbsup:

Used to is the operative words there! Did you not see how he played against us? Surely you cannot base his performance on something you used to watch at withdean? If so, that beckham was really shit in his career as he played really poorly when he came on as sub for Man U at the goldstone all those years ago.

Dec 29, 2011
Get Colunga and Baldock upfront together or with COG, get CMS to the reserves and tell him he's going to be released at the end of the season. Playing two strikers as wingers is ridiculous and not working.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here