Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just watched the highlights. Baldock five half chances, three forcing the keeper to make more than a routine save, once missed the ball by a whisker and another time shot inches wide, all from inside the box.

He seems to be getting better and well acceptable shots ratio. One save resulted in a second chance. He proabbly should not have bene taken off.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just watched the highlights. Baldock five half chances, three forcing the keeper to make more than a routine save, once missed the ball by a whisker and another time shot inches wide, all from inside the box.

He seems to be getting better and well acceptable shots ratio. One save resulted in a second chance. He probably should not have been taken off.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

He seems to be getting better and well acceptable shots ratio. One save resulted in a second chance. He probably should not have been taken off.

Almost agree - I think he was taken off because he was fooked, basically, having run the defence ragged for an hour, chasing everything down too.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Baldock will go on a good scoring run soon. He's getting in good positions and yesterday was a matter of inches away from scoring a number of times. He's contributing a lot to the team and we are top of the league. When he doesn't play we miss him. The time to worry is when he's not getting in good positions and we aren't top of the league.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Baldock I'm afraid I would transfer list in December ready for January transfer window.
No where near the £2million odd we paid for him, doesn't know where the goal is and when he does eventually find it he just taps the ball
like its a bomb that will blow his foot off.
League 1 player at very best, our worst player yesterday by a mile and quite a few other games.
One good season at Brizzle Titty thats all.
and we sign him up for a ridiculous amount the same as CMS.
Not the right player for us at all. Thanks Baldock but no thanks matey.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Almost agree - I think he was taken off because he was fooked, basically, having run the defence ragged for an hour, chasing everything down too.

Which game was this you were watching ? he was dreadful yesterday did absolutely sweet FA and hasn't since he's been here,
I guarantee you he will not score more than 7 /8 goals this season if that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Which game was this you were watching ? he was dreadful yesterday did absolutely sweet FA and hasn't since he's been here,
I guarantee you he will not score more than 7 /8 goals this season if that.

He had c5 decent chances yesterday so getting in the right position doesn't seem to be a problem......so to say he did sweet FA is bollocks (in my opinion, obviously). He's got to start converting though.....don't know how long CH will persist in the hope he'll start netting regularly. Hemed was much worse than Baldock yesterday, as was BZ.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just how little do you have to know about football to think Baldock is 'the problem'?

Ashley Barnes mark 2. Seem to recall he did alright in the Premier League after being abused by morons and labelled as a 'League 1 player'. Just hope the bellends don't start getting on Baldock's back in a similar fashion.

I can only assume it was a fishing trip, or the usual suspects who always want something to moan about.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can only assume it was a fishing trip, or the usual suspects who always want something to moan about.

Baldock is slowly drawing them back in.

Moaning that he 'missed' 5 chances takes some doing when 6 months ago it would have taken the team three games to generate 5 chances.

Everybody knows Baldock's position is the only one with NO back up.
Baldock will face stiff competition for his place soon after the window opens, in the meantime I can settle for 5 'missed' chances a game.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I reckon that Hughton would be generally pleased with Baldocks general contribution but he'll be thinking the same as a lot on here that we as a team will need to score more goals from our front men if we are to stay up there. It's not a scapegoat argument but a look forward to see how as a team we can improve. If Hemed draws a blank for the next 6 games then he'll be under just as much scrutiny. I'm not sure taking both our starting strikers off is a great ploy when you are going for the win. Bolster the attack maybe but not swap it over. The Zamora swap makes more sense when we need to hang on.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
In fairness I thought Baldock looked our biggest threat yesterday and was giving their defence nightmares, They couldn't handle his pace or his positional play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here