Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock the problem!!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Baldock the problem!!

FFS.... If you have to look for problems this season, where have you been when we did have them?

IMO, this season everybody has pulled their weight, not least Baldock.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Gets on my tits people saying we're top of the league why are people moaning ,but for me it's striving to be the best we can be and take this chance to get promoted !!

Gets on my tits we play really well, but we have to have negative titled bullshit threads at the top of our board when we are playing well and unbeaten rather than you just commenting on your Baldock thoughts on the player ratings thread.....but oh no, of course everyone needs to hear your take on Baldock don't they, what would we do if it wasnt for the Baldock and Greer threads, heaven forbid someone start a positive thread....oh look there's one for March! Thank goodness.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Remember these are the same fans who thought Barnes was crap. Unless we have messi, they won't be happy.

Beg to differ. I never had a bad word to say about Barnes.

With Baldock however, I never got it when we signed him, and still don't. Would love to be proved wrong though.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Gets on my tits we play really well, but we have to have negative titled bullshit threads at the top of our board when we are playing well and unbeaten rather than you just commenting on your Baldock thoughts on the player ratings thread.....but oh no, of course everyone needs to hear your take on Baldock don't they, what would we do if it wasnt for the Baldock and Greer threads, heaven forbid someone start a positive thread....oh look there's one for March! Thank goodness.
but I started the thread saying he was playing well so not really getting on his back , just stating facts . Do u not think the manger over the next two weeks will be thinking of ways to improve things and get back to winning ways or will he just think lets be grateful for being top.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Baldock is a good footballer who doesn't really do anything, other than run around a lot and have a good touch.

Barnes isn't quite so good, but he has the knack of being involved when it mattered, he had a far better football brain and he's not as bad technically as people thought.

Hemed's goal record is ok, nothing special, but it's ok. Baldock's is rubbish and his industry doesn't make up for his lack of finishing, not for me. It's a bit of a difference this season's grumbling to last seasons! Baldock scoring as consistently this season as last though to be fair to him.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
but I started the thread saying he was playing well so not really getting on his back , just stating facts . Do u not think the manger over the next two weeks will be thinking of ways to improve things and get back to winning ways or will he just think lets be grateful for being top.

Look at the thread title!? :shrug:

He's not a problem, no one is at the moment as it happens. Can we improve the team - yeah of course, but not until January. So Hughton will be working to get the best out of him, I doubt very much he's thinking he's a problem.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Just how little do you have to know about football to think Baldock is 'the problem'?

Ashley Barnes mark 2. Seem to recall he did alright in the Premier League after being abused by morons and labelled as a 'League 1 player'. Just hope the bellends don't start getting on Baldock's back in a similar fashion.
Absolutely right

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would like to see 50% of good chances put away, ideally. Baldock falls short. 50% may be a bit high though, perhaps 50% on target and Baldock may be getting close ???

One good thing for this season and especially this afternoon was getting a high % of shots/chances from inside the penalty area. This is a good trend and Baldock plays a part in this.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Point of order. I'm sure it's in the rules somewhere - or should be - even if I can't find exactly where it is. I'm sure it goes something like, unless we're lower than fifth place in whatever league we're in, we're not entitled to have a scapegoat - so let's ditch this poxy thread now.
The team's doing alright. All of them.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Point of order. I'm sure it's in the rules somewhere - or should be - even if I can't find exactly where it is. I'm sure it goes something like, unless we're lower than fifth place in whatever league we're in, we're not entitled to have a scapegoat - so let's ditch this poxy thread now.
The team's doing alright. All of them.

I thought this as well. At 66 minutes who to take off as every player was playing well? Then Hemed had a header that went nearer the corner flag. Bobby Z was a rather predictable like for like substitution. A real genius manager might have come up with Plan B. (And might be crucified if it went wrong!)

The scenario is going to happen again! It was exactly the same last season against Cardiff.

Maybe special properations will be reserved for play-off games?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Baldock is a very good league 1 striker and a very average championship one. Could have had 6 goals yesterday and drew a blank. Good honest player but that's all. If 2 points costs us promotion come May look no further than yesterday. 4-1 would not have flattered us yesterday, we still need a top end championship striker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Baldock is a very good league 1 striker and a very average championship one. Could have had 6 goals yesterday and drew a blank. Good honest player but that's all. If 2 points costs us promotion come May look no further than yesterday. 4-1 would not have flattered us yesterday, we still need a top end championship striker.

It shows how good the Albion have been this season, it's taken till October for you to post!! :lolol: :thumbsup: :kiss:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

So not the missed penalty against wolves then? Or the game against Bolton where we were two up then conceded just before half time, then again in the 95th minute? Or any of the other games this season where we'll drop points?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here