Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock: Happy or unhappy??

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I do not understand how you can try and defend Burke given that almost all of his summer signings are out of the door already or not favoured.

Paddy - on loan
Colunga - on loan
Toko - released
Holla - very lackluster, features rarely since arrival of Kayal
COG - very lackluster, featured rarely since arrival of Best (admittedly unfairly IMO)
Hughes - barely featured but admittedly essential backup
Stockdale - fairly criticised for some of his performances but I think he will come good
Baldock - very lackluster, although it is a case of not playing a striker to suit his ability

He had 2 terriible windows in a row and paid the penalty for that. There was some good stuff before and we don't know how the kids are going to go.

At the time I thought Hyypia was such a bad manager, it might have been harsh on Burke to lay the failing at his door. With hindsight, I'm willing to conceed if it wasn't 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, it was something like Hyypia 9, Burke 3. Oscar getting the best out of the team the previous year, helped Burke out immensely.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
For what it's worth, I think he's doing really well in the role. If he had half a brain he'd see it as a massive opportunity to score goals as the team really is set up to allow him to do that from an inside left position. With Bennett overlapping and allowing him to come inside as much as he wants, Tex sliding balls through and usually a target man creating space for him and working the channels, he should continue to get a lot of opportunities in the current set-up from that position assuming he makes the right runs across defenders at the right times. Admittedly he does have to do more defending than he's probably used to though...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here