Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock credited with goal today

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
BTW to be clear I'm not anti any of our forwards, just saying Baldock was poor yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As were a number of players apparently, but are not being singled out like Baldock, because he's had the audacity to point out that he deflected the ball into the net for a goal.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As were a number of players apparently, but are not being singled out like Baldock, because he's had the audacity to point out that he deflected the ball into the net for a goal.

Yes see my ratings, I felt Skalak was as bad and Bong was worse, Sidwell wasn't far away neither was Murray.

It really was a poor display.

BTW that's not the reason, I joined the discussion it's because he was poor.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Absolutely.

WE SCORED MORE GOALS THAN BURNLEY AND THE SAME NUMBER OF GOALS AS MIDDLESBROUGH.

WE CONCEDED MORE GOALS THAN THOSE TWO TEAMS.

Sorry @Thunder_Bolt the bigger issue is the 'head to head' against top teams, that is what cost us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry @Thunder_Bolt the bigger issue is the 'head to head' against top teams, that is what cost us.

As I pointed out yesterday, we beat Ipswich when they were top 6. The top 6 changes throughout the season, so it's difficult to say what cost us. We were the only constant in the top 6 all season.
We also only lost one game to the final top 6, if you want to use that statistic.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As I pointed out yesterday, we beat Ipswich when they were top 6. The top 6 changes throughout the season, so it's difficult to say what cost us. We were the only constant in the top 6 all season.

Final top 6, no good bending the rules. [emoji6]

Early season standings count for nothing.

Edit - only lost 1, only won 1.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
And we only lost to Boro in the final top 6. If we had kept clean sheets, we would have done it.

Blimey. But if we have a better head to head - that is one win in all of those draws then we don't even need goal difference.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Baldock is simply not good enough for us. When he actually scores it's almost a ......"Wow" Baldock has scored. He never really looks like scoring either.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But we missed promotion by one goal and any other season would have gone up automatically regarding points amassed. I don't get this 'it's our forwards faults' scenario.

If you think Baldock chipping in with a grand sum of four goals all season was in any way acceptable, then you're trying to defend the indefensible frankly :shrug:

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
I have looked at The Sky video a number of times. Wish Baldock had scored but regrettably it was an og.
If we are looking to be top 2 we need much better than Baldock. Sorry Sam, you are not a Championship player.
As for the club we do so much right except strikers where we won't spend much. We are lucky to have Tomer & Glenn but that's not enough

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Baldock is simply not good enough for us. When he actually scores it's almost a ......"Wow" Baldock has scored. He never really looks like scoring either.

2 goals and 3 assists for him so far this season (league and cup)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I have looked at The Sky video a number of times. Wish Baldock had scored but regrettably it was an og.
If we are looking to be top 2 we need much better than Baldock. Sorry Sam, you are not a Championship player.
As for the club we do so much right except strikers where we won't spend much. We are lucky to have Tomer & Glenn but that's not enough

There is another video with another view and clearly shows a massive deflection off Baldock before going in

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
2 goals and 3 assists for him so far this season (league and cup)

4 goals last year and never looks like scoring.

Come back in May with his stats.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Forget Sky. Our own club video has been analysed and officially declared by BHAFC as a Baldock goal. It's almost as if people want another source to be right to chastise our own player.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Sorry Sam, you are not a Championship player.

Disagree. He would fit well into some systems at mid-low championship. I even think he has a place with us, to bring on in certain situations.

The key point is he is not good enough, as a starter, for a promotion chasing championship side.

He's a great guy, I feel kinda bad for him as claming this goal smacks of desperation.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So from this thread we can deduce that this season's scapegoat is Baldock.

Why the **** do people see the need to single one player out. The one player who, whilst not scoring as many as he and we would have liked was a crucial part of the joint highest scoring team last season.

Unbelievable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here