Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bagpipe league at it again.

TranmereGull

Oct 26, 2012
On the Banks of the Mersey
I like how the third tier will be called the FIRST DIVISION. That's even more retarded than calling it LEAGUE ONE.

Seriously, what is wrong with numbering things in logical order? Even TOP, MIDDLE and BOTTOM would be better than this shit.

Still, I've got more interest in Albania's Division 8 than I do in mickey mouse Jocko football so f*** it, let them do what they want

Why not BORING, TEPID and IRRELEVANT?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They should have 2 divisions to reflect Scottish football:

MTL1 - 2 teams
MTL2 - 40 teams

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fran Sandaza is seen as some sort of demigod over there. It's genuinely a different sport.

dookieno8

Aug 20, 2012
And, with the Huns being in the 3rd, the SPL is the most interesting its been for donkeys yonks.

Who are you calling 'Huns'?

May I point out the FACT that the 'HUNS' are still the biggest draw in Scotland, while you may see the SPL as being the most interesting it has ever been for donkeys yonks (your opinion) it is still not pulling in the figures such an 'interesting' league should be. In FACT the up shot of it is, the SPL is DOWN on viewing figures and DOWN on attendances. People still don't care about the teams in the SPL and however interesting it may be, the interest will only continue to decline. Enjoy the wee trickle of Celtic's win against Barca, its created a minimal ripple compared to that of the Rangers tidal wave.

Surprisingly, the 'HUNS' have the largest support in Scotland, command the HIGHEST viewing figures in Scotland and are drawing the most interest in Scotland.

This is exactly why Scottish football needs a change.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Scotland Team Attendance Statistics - 2011-12 - ESPN FC

So apart from this season and the next 2, the gates at two clubs make up 60% of total punters for the entire league. The only way the situation can ever become more competitive is to either jettison the OF or to invite other nations to make a larger league, much as the Celtic league has done in rugby.

Restructuring the league in any other way amounts to nothing more than rolling the turd that is the MTL, in glitter.

dookieno8

Aug 20, 2012
Scotland Team Attendance Statistics - 2011-12 - ESPN FC

So apart from this season and the next 2, the gates at two clubs make up 60% of total punters for the entire league. The only way the situation can ever become more competitive is to either jettison the OF or to invite other nations to make a larger league, much as the Celtic league has done in rugby.

Restructuring the league in any other way amounts to nothing more than rolling the turd that is the MTL, in glitter.

It has always been this way in scottish football, barring a couple of barren years either Rangers or Celtic have been top, it seems for the last 25 years it has been both rather than one or the other with no sign of a challenger. The fan bases will never change, the calibre of players produced can.

Scotland has failed to produce any players, blame that on the emergence of computed consoles, deep fried mars bars or the fear of letting the kids go outside and play without being snatched, Scotland is a nation full of obese trouble making neds.

encouraging other teams to play at the top level is one thing, getting them to produce scottish talent is another

how about an entire uniform of coaching methods. Scottish footballers can't play with the ball at their feet, those who can are taught to be the 'hoofers' those that can't are conditioned to be the 'heiders'

its a cancer thats spread throughout the game. Those 'tricky wee guys' get battered out of the game and don't bother. They can't escape to England, they aren't going to get scouted by other foreign clubs.

at the moment, its a never ending cycle of thugs and hammerthrowers

TranmereGull

Oct 26, 2012
On the Banks of the Mersey
Who are you calling 'Huns'?

May I point out the FACT that the 'HUNS' are still the biggest draw in Scotland, while you may see the SPL as being the most interesting it has ever been for donkeys yonks (your opinion) it is still not pulling in the figures such an 'interesting' league should be. In FACT the up shot of it is, the SPL is DOWN on viewing figures and DOWN on attendances. People still don't care about the teams in the SPL and however interesting it may be, the interest will only continue to decline. Enjoy the wee trickle of Celtic's win against Barca, its created a minimal ripple compared to that of the Rangers tidal wave.

Surprisingly, the 'HUNS' have the largest support in Scotland, command the HIGHEST viewing figures in Scotland and are drawing the most interest in Scotland.

I take it you are a Hun then?

They are drawing a lot of interest. Mainly from all the investors cash they robbed on their way to cheating the league for 10 years.

dookieno8

Aug 20, 2012
I take it you are a Hun then?

They are drawing a lot of interest. Mainly from all the investors cash they robbed on their way to cheating the league for 10 years.

HAHA

Cheating the league? Please explain that one

And explain what a 'HUN' is?

In fact, don't bother explaining, I don't want to hear your bitter rantings and i'm sure the majority on a Brighton messageboard don't either.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I like the idea of a play off with teams in different divisions. Thought it was done in England at the start of the play offs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In FACT the up shot of it is, the SPL is DOWN on viewing figures and DOWN on attendances. People still don't care about the teams in the SPL and however interesting it may be, the interest will only continue to decline.
Of course they are down - the club with the second high gates and away support has been removed from league - what would you expect?

Eh? Scottish football needs to change because Rangers have the largest support in Scotland?

No. Scottish football needs to change because it is SHIT. Thanks in no small part to Rangers, and to a slightly lesser extent, Celtic. (Both are complicit in their contempt for an even playing field, but at least Celtic didn't use tax payer's money to ensure other clubs could never compete)

dookieno8

Aug 20, 2012
Of course they are down - the club with the second high gates and away support has been removed from league - what would you expect?

Eh? Scottish football needs to change because Rangers have the largest support in Scotland?

No. Scottish football needs to change because it is SHIT. Thanks in no small part to Rangers, and to a slightly lesser extent, Celtic. (Both are complicit in their contempt for an even playing field, but at least Celtic didn't use tax payer's money to ensure other clubs could never compete)

eh? if you're referring to the EBT's, Celtic had one... but more prominantly they also had other tax avoidance schemes.

Also, its a legitimate form of tax planning.

Also, should Rangers and Celtic hold back the progression so they don't stray too far from the smaller clubs? nonsense

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The odd thing is, with Rangers out of the way, Celtic should really have sewn up the title by Christmas, yet last time I looked, Hibs or some other such team were top of the MTL. It's almost like Rangers departing has made the standard of Celtic's football even lower than it already was, which is very strange.

Yes, they squeaked past Barcelona, but let's not kid ourselves that it was any kind of indication that Scottish football is on the up, as that was, in reality, nothing more than a freak result, and one which would not be repeated if they replayed that game a hundred times.

Players that are no more than mediocre Championship stalwarts STAR in Scottish football. Fran Sandaza, for crying out loud. Steven Thompson was an Albion player in a crap third division team here, and went on to be an MTL regular. There are plenty more.

dookieno8

Aug 20, 2012
The odd thing is, with Rangers out of the way, Celtic should really have sewn up the title by Christmas, yet last time I looked, Hibs or some other such team were top of the MTL. It's almost like Rangers departing has made the standard of Celtic's football even lower than it already was, which is very strange.

Yes, they squeaked past Barcelona, but let's not kid ourselves that it was any kind of indication that Scottish football is on the up, as that was, in reality, nothing more than a freak result, and one which would not be repeated if they replayed that game a hundred times.

Players that are no more than mediocre Championship stalwarts STAR in Scottish football. Fran Sandaza, for crying out loud. Steven Thompson was an Albion player in a crap third division team here, and went on to be an MTL regular. There are plenty more.

to be fair, Celtic should have it sewn up by christmas but Rangers should be crowned champions already.:lolol:

Fran sandaza is an enigma, looked good on the highlight reel for St Johnstone and Dundee utd (always looked good for Dundee utd against Rangers) but having seen him for Rangers (not for Brighton) he is pony

but don't forget, plenty of english strikers come up here and fail

but on the whole, what was a retirement home/indian burial ground for old premiership players is now transforming into a nice cash cow for the rejects of the championship/league 1, partly again, for the dross being produced in scotland and partly because a higher standard cannot be afforded (the money around league1 & 2 is ridiculously high)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
to be fair, Celtic should have it sewn up by christmas but Rangers should be crowned champions already.:lolol:

Fran sandaza is an enigma, looked good on the highlight reel for St Johnstone and Dundee utd (always looked good for Dundee utd against Rangers) but having seen him for Rangers (not for Brighton) he is pony

but don't forget, plenty of english strikers come up here and fail

but on the whole, what was a retirement home/indian burial ground for old premiership players is now transforming into a nice cash cow for the rejects of the championship/league 1, partly again, for the dross being produced in scotland and partly because a higher standard cannot be afforded (the money around league1 & 2 is ridiculously high)

I just think of players like Kris Commons, Joe Ledley and Gary Hooper, guys that are fairly average Championship players or lower, who go up to Celtic (and formerly Rangers) for the payday, and become relative stars.

dookieno8

Aug 20, 2012
I just think of players like Kris Commons, Joe Ledley and Gary Hooper, guys that are fairly average Championship players or lower, who go up to Celtic (and formerly Rangers) for the payday, and become relative stars.

that was always part of the draw though, first started when the english clubs got banned from europe, rangers signed players like butcher, woods and wilkins etc and offered them european football and competitive wages, become heroes, that was sustained for quite a while.

then its declined in what it is now...

however, i see players like hooper, commons and ledley as players from the championship/league 1 who could make the step up, not necessarily championship players.

Celtic still have some quality players in their side, some of them though, are overrated and won't get found out in the comfort zone of the SPL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here