Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Badly behaved children ruining British pubs

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's the ME generation that's to blame isn't it - if I want my kids to run around screaming I'll let them and screw you.

I find a piano wire at hip height between the bar and fruit machines fixes this problem. Never fails. Makes a mess, sure. But it never fails and word soon gets around ;)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not a business in the world almost that hasn't cottoned on to the child pound. Can hardly blame them, the parents are just as childish, husbands spend half their life watching Star Wars and gaming and wives spend all their time making ****ing cupcakes and doing cosplay. No wonder the kids never behave with that as an exame of being mature.

There's some truth in this although leave Star Wars out of it! Love Star Wars...have you seen the new film toys being unboxed on YouTube. Can't wait! Might get some to go with those I collected in the 70s....

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Babies are ok but toddlers/little sh!ts that scream, run around and make you feel bad for swearing, should f*** off!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I was in church last week, was appalled at the behaviour of three little shits who were old enough to know better. During prayer they were so noisey and not once did he three adults try to correct them. Just messing about, plenty kids younger managed to behave but then I guess these three haven't had any barriers laid down. Mother in law and I had a good chuckle afterwards, agreed if we'd had behaved at their age like that in church we'd rightly be coming out with ears glowing red! No respect!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I was in church last week, was appalled at the behaviour of three little shits who were old enough to know better. During prayer they were so noisey and not once did he three adults try to correct them. Just messing about, plenty kids younger managed to behave but then I guess these three haven't had any barriers laid down. Mother in law and I had a good chuckle afterwards, agreed if we'd had behaved at their age like that in church we'd rightly be coming out with ears glowing red! No respect!

Ha! I know this. If we played up in church it was my Mother's killer glare that shut us up. No need for words, just that look and the knowledge of the wooden spoon (Irish mother!) at home got us in line!

martinjfuller22

Apr 18, 2015
Witnessing kids running round a pub as I type. Totally the fault of the parents. And a stone flagged floor means they could hurt themselves :-(

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I completely disagree with this, in fact I think it's pretty much the opposite. Parents of tarquin and tinker bell at cetrain pretentious places in Brighton tend to gaze on in an alcoholic haze while the kids run riot. More "working class" families who are out for a special occasion tend to be much better behaved. Though this is obviously a generalisation.

I was in such an establishment over the summer, it was quite busy and the football was on the telly. Anyway, there was one bloke sat there with his 2YO son sprawled across his lap asleep - this bloke was sat right outside the gents. As I went in I made a bit of noise as I banged the door against the wall (it was a bit lighter than expected) and upon exiting I met someone I knew so said hello. The bloke then had a go at me for waking up his son - TWICE.
It's a pub not a ****ing nursery.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I was in such an establishment over the summer, it was quite busy and the football was on the telly. Anyway, there was one bloke sat there with his 2YO son sprawled across his lap asleep - this bloke was sat right outside the gents. As I went in I made a bit of noise as I banged the door against the wall (it was a bit lighter than expected) and upon exiting I met someone I knew so said hello. The bloke then had a go at me for waking up his son - TWICE.
It's a pub not a ****ing nursery.
Should've laid him out and thrown his kid out the window!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
My first foray into a pub was the Gloucester, Gloucester Place, with my parents and grandparents. There was a childrens room with scary painted characters on the wall, where I would sit with my mum & nan, while the men had a drink in the bar. The days of Smiths crisps with blue bags of salt.:drink:

Only that sometimes there would be NO little blue bag.....sending me into a tizzy fit! :angry:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Witnessing kids running round a pub as I type. Totally the fault of the parents. And a stone flagged floor means they could hurt themselves :-(

Especially if, for example, you were to spill some of your pint on the cold hard grey stone floor...? :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ha! I know this. If we played up in church it was my Mother's killer glare that shut us up. No need for words, just that look and the knowledge of the wooden spoon (Irish mother!) at home got us in line!

Too right, my mum had that glare too! My mother in law, being Oirish too like yours, said the Nuns used to smack them just in case they were thinking of stepping out of line sometimes! Them were the days eh...? ;)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Pubs are bad enough, although my local is grotty and doesn't do food so not a problem.
What winds me up, though, is kids playing football in the Amex concourses whilst Dad enjoys a post match pint; that and the bloke behind me who let his kid kick the back of my seat for 20 minutes then got the hump when I told him to stop.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
We take our 3 and a hlaf year old son to Wetherspoons sometimes for breakfast, he sits there quietly and plays with his cars. I don't let him run amok, and I wouldn't let him disturb anyone else. Some people are just entitled scumbags, probably with a stupid beard, boat shoes with no socks, buddy holly glasses and a lumberjack shirt. IE a C**T.

If you take your kids to the pub in the evening you are probably an alcoholic.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The problem is the parenting, particularly in the age of smartphones and tablets.

Children have lost the art of just sitting round a table patiently because parents are so quick to shove a phone or tablet under their noise to nullify them.

Did you just stare into space as a child? As i remember it i was either told to bog off and play with any other kids around or a book or colouring pencils were shoved in my hand.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I hate being in pubs with kids, it always seems to cost me an arm and a leg.

Still at least they **** off and bother other people for a bit so i can have a bit of piece and quiet.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
When I was a kid I would be made to wait outside the boozer for my dad. He would send out a coke and a packet of crisps every now and again. At closing he would stagger out and as a treat let me sit in the front seat as he drove home.
Thats responsible parenting you just dont get anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here