Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Badly behaved children ruining British pubs

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Unless the 'Reserved' sign is actually nailed to the table, you KNOW what to do...

Bit of a side issue, but seriously, what kind of chinless armpatch wearing tweed-botherer do you have to be to actually RESERVE a table at a pub ? I can just about understand it on Mothers Day or on somesuch occasion when you’re looking to go out and have a Sunday lunch. Just about. But for a general drinkies ??

“Hey Farquat, fancy sharing a bottle of Pimms tonight ? Yah ? I’ve got a table reserved at the Frog and Ferret for 8pm. Lovely. I’ll see you and Cressida there then. Ok. Ooook. Ciao.”

:rolleyes:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Cv
Bit of a side issue, but seriously, what kind of chinless armpatch wearing tweed-botherer do you have to be to actually RESERVE a table at a pub ? I can just about understand it on Mothers Day or on somesuch occasion when you’re looking to go out and have a Sunday lunch. Just about. But for a general drinkies ??

“Hey Farquat, fancy sharing a bottle of Pimms tonight ? Yah ? I’ve got a table reserved at the Frog and Ferret for 8pm. Lovely. I’ll see you and Cressida there then. Ok. Ooook. Ciao.”

I never have/never would, but if a bunch of, work colleagues or maybe a group of laydeez are going out on the lash to a busy pub, then I could imagine it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cv

I never have/never would, but if a bunch of, work colleagues or maybe a group of laydeez are going out on the lash to a busy pub, then I could imagine it.

Just turn up then, like normal people. A table will usually present itself before long.

When I come to power, I will ban ALL reserving of tables in pubs. Landlords indulging in this practice will risk losing their licence.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Pubs that have replaced loads of their traditional tables with couches and low coffee tables. This is pro a my just me but sitting with my knees round my ears on a knackered old sofa, staining to reach my pint is no fun. Depressing seeing couples say on them with the week end papers spread out not talking to each other.
Sit up at a table.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I completely disagree with this, in fact I think it's pretty much the opposite. Parents of tarquin and tinker bell at cetrain pretentious places in Brighton tend to gaze on in an alcoholic haze while the kids run riot. More "working class" families who are out for a special occasion tend to be much better behaved. Though this is obviously a generalisation.
Totally and utterly this. I've even used the name Tarquin (Tinker Bell was changed to Moon Glow) to describe the children of these type of tossers.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I can just about understand it on Mothers Day or on somesuch occasion when you’re looking to go out and have a Sunday lunch. Just about. But for a general drinkies ?? :rolleyes:

Isnt this the time as a regular to reserve a table, special occasions bring out the amateurs they need to be deterred.

Its a time when a reserved table is acceptable but only for drinks not food.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
My first foray into a pub was the Gloucester, Gloucester Place, with my parents and grandparents. There was a childrens room with scary painted characters on the wall, where I would sit with my mum & nan, while the men had a drink in the bar. The days of Smiths crisps with blue bags of salt.:drink:

They also did lovely cheese rolls. The pictures were Cinderella , Jack and the Beanstalk etc

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton

Doubt it was a pub. More like a wine bar with 'tapas' or 'small plates'.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You're lucky if you live in Brighton. I lived there permanently for 16 years, now I'm only there 3 days a week and spend rest of week in Surrey or Cornwall. Cornwall is great, a few kids in pubs in season but not bad. Surrey on the other hand! 2 decent pubs, barely decent, both of which serves good ales but rammo with kids and Chelsea players and their girlfriends. The weekends are like Thorpe Park in there.

They have a candy floss machine. On the bar.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'll be honest Big T.

I don't have the first idea what that means.

DFLs Easy. You may have heard of them. They're the cash-rich middle-income white-flight folks Down From London who are snapping up all the property in your postcode so your kids have to live with you in their childhood bedrooms til they're in their forties, or move out and house-share with half a dozen others in the same position forever.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
It's the ME generation that's to blame isn't it - if I want my kids to run around screaming I'll let them and screw you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
DFLs Easy. You may have heard of them. They're the cash-rich middle-income white-flight folks Down From London who are snapping up all the property in your postcode so your kids have to live with you in their childhood bedrooms til they're in their forties, or move out and house-share with half a dozen others in the same position forever.

That is a stunningly accurately depressing description. Well done sir.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
You're lucky if you live in Brighton. I lived there permanently for 16 years, now I'm only there 3 days a week and spend rest of week in Surrey or Cornwall. Cornwall is great, a few kids in pubs in season but not bad. Surrey on the other hand! 2 decent pubs, barely decent, both of which serves good ales but rammo with kids and Chelsea players and their girlfriends. The weekends are like Thorpe Park in there.

They have a candy floss machine. On the bar.

A candy floss machine on the bar ! Jesus wept that is disgusting

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not a business in the world almost that hasn't cottoned on to the child pound. Can hardly blame them, the parents are just as childish, husbands spend half their life watching Star Wars and gaming and wives spend all their time making ****ing cupcakes and doing cosplay. No wonder the kids never behave with that as an exame of being mature.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here