Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Backs to the wall in Premier League or Brazil 1970 in The Championship?

What would you rather watch us play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Your a sanctimonious Tw@t and i wish you would Feck off.

I'm probably a lot of stuff, some of them bad, but sanctimonious... disagree with that one.

I really cant help that you fail to understand very simple things and need to have them explained on a kindergarten level. I said they enjoyed being in the Championship but also wanted to be promoted and that was apparently royally mind****ing in your eyes, what else can I do but to cut that meatball into very small pieces that you would be capable of swallowing?

You could just put me on ignore if you dont like me, very simple. There's a few people here I wouldnt mind ****ing off either but I either just ignore them or play them.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I've got an even better idea.

Let's ask to be demoted to the Istmian league. Then every match day will be brilliant. 12 or 13 nil every game, no jeopardy, it will be like a trip to the Harlem Globetrotters.

Get off your knees northstandchat.

Being in a league is about being the highest you can be. Being the 16th best team in the country last season was a source of huge local pride. Much better than being the 91st anyway.

It's also a springboard for more. We're clearly building for the future. We've got a young team and a cat A academy with players coming through it into our first team. Nobody promised you that getting up the league would be quick or easy or linear.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Not surprised it got a bit too complicated for some people. Let me see if I can help you:

They enjoyed the experience while they of course also wanted to get promoted.

Could be compared to sex: the orgasm is great, but the journey is very nice as well.

I wasn't aware that you'd passed your driving test...

2_prostitutesJPG.jpg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm probably a lot of stuff, some of them bad, but sanctimonious... disagree with that one.

I really cant help that you fail to understand very simple things and need to have them explained on a kindergarten level. I said they enjoyed being in the Championship but also wanted to be promoted and that was apparently royally mind****ing in your eyes, what else can I do but to cut that meatball into very small pieces that you would be capable of swallowing?

You could just put me on ignore if you dont like me, very simple. There's a few people here I wouldnt mind ****ing off either but I either just ignore them or play them.

I refuse to put anyone on ignore, admittedly you are special but I refuse to make you the exception....

You epitomize everything I hate about the Premier League and fair weather fans that blow in with their condescending points of views and analysis on how we should view and support our club like you have suggested in the past. You maybe on a wind up, I may not get it, I don't care, the sooner you feck off the better....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I refuse to put anyone on ignore, admittedly you are special but I refuse to make you the exception....

You epitomize everything I hate about the Premier League and fair weather fans that blow in with their condescending points of views and analysis on how we should view and support our club like you have suggested in the past. You maybe on a wind up, I may not get it, I don't care, the sooner you feck off the better....

You are a cloud of negativity, eager to find the worst in everything which usually comes down to one of two reasons: getting a kick out of it, which is a horrible personality trait, or having massive expectations on everything including yourself, in which case I feel sorry for you but still wont bow down to your endless search for worries and disasters.

I'm not the fair weather fan here, if I was anywhere near as glory oriented as some people here I could easily have "chosen" another team, more succesfull team as I have no local connection. Some people who constantly moan about exactly everything BHAFC obviously consider themselves "stuck" with the club, just like the wifebeater finds himself annoyingly "stuck" with his wife, whereas I appreciate what the club is and wants to do.

See it as "sanctimonious" or "annoying" or whatever you like, I'm going to keep being condescending against that fair share of nutjobs who wants to sack everyone from TB to the guy serving hotdogs or who says "I hope its the last we see of this 20 year old player". I say **** all of that shit and if its makes mr holy-schmoly, so be it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No shit they want to be promoted. But one thing does not exclude the other. When I followed Swansea for a season people were both happy to be in the Championship (more games, interesting away trips, more open football etc. and Potterball vs whatever they did their last two PL seasons) while they also wanted to get promoted.
You missed the point most of us have done the championship to death, Watford fans are basically saying it’s shit and not what they remembered. The championship can be good fun if your in the top 6 places a bang average season is easily forgettable. The majority of aways for us are feckin miles away and to be honest not that interesting or maybe I’m just getting old.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brazil were shite.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You missed the point most of us have done the championship to death, Watford fans are basically saying it’s shit and not what they remembered. The championship can be good fun if your in the top 6 places a bang average season is easily forgettable. The majority of aways for us are feckin miles away and to be honest not that interesting or maybe I’m just getting old.

In fairness, without the fans PL is probably the more entertaining experience. But other than that, wouldnt you agree that football usually ends up being very engulfing no matter the level? When I've seen a good game in the World Cup or Champions League or something I usually think "well back to boring reality.. Lunds FF in the Swedish eight tier"... but once there, its as thrilling as ever.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What a DUMB question. Of COURSE I would prefer to be in the Premier league. Why would I WANT Brighton to be worse or in a poorer league!? What fan actually wants that!?
I would say no fan wants that. Those that do want it need to take a long hard look at themselves, or are palace trolls.

Do you know who asked the question on the radio show?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You are a cloud of negativity, eager to find the worst in everything which usually comes down to one of two reasons: getting a kick out of it, which is a horrible personality trait, or having massive expectations on everything including yourself, in which case I feel sorry for you but still wont bow down to your endless search for worries and disasters.

Really....

I'm not the fair weather fan here, if I was anywhere near as glory oriented as some people here.

You honestly think some people on here are glory hunters....

I could easily have "chosen" another team, more successful team as I have no local connection.

I feckin wish.....

Some people who constantly moan about exactly everything BHAFC obviously consider themselves "stuck" with the club, just like the wifebeater finds himself annoyingly "stuck" with his wife, whereas I appreciate what the club is and wants to do.

Your honestly comparing fans that moan about the style or way the club is run to a wife beater, do you know what most of us have been through with this club ?

See it as "sanctimonious" or "annoying" or whatever you like, I'm going to keep being condescending against that fair share of nutjobs who wants to sack everyone from TB to the guy serving hotdogs or who says "I hope its the last we see of this 20 year old player". I say **** all of that shit and if its makes mr holy-schmoly, so be it.

Oh deep joy, crack on then....

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Tough one. On the one hand playing at the top level is what you want but not so much getting to Christmas and only having two wins. The Championship certainly has that ‘you can win any game’ feel which I sometimes get nostalgic for, but it is also incredibly unpredictable.

Out of the two options given, I’d be tempted to take a glorious, boss every game year in the Championship if it meant certain promotion, over a backs to wall year in the PL. But, generally, knowing how unpredictable the Championship is, and how hard it can be to get promoted, I’d take the PL.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was mooching around the Watford board the other day the majority can’t wait to get back to the PL.

Exactly.

I've heard of 'be careful what you wish for' but . . . not being careful about what you wish away really takes the biscuit.

One or two people have surprised me in recent weeks for their hankering for a bygone era, free from VAR, free from Premier League Excess . . . . free from the heat of the kitchen, in fact. The EPL is the big boys' league. We either shape up or flounce. And Britain is not a nation of flouncers.

Oh, hang on....:facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This poll is a year and half late. Since when have we been DEFENSIVE since Potter came in?

You are one disgruntled fan Guinness Boy aren’t you :lolol:

Not a criticism but I am accepting of where we stand. You, however, are sounding a little entitled these days :shrug:

A new manager, without mega money spent on a striker, is not going to do any better long term imo. Short term, Big Sam or old man Hodgson maybe, but **** that imo.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tough one. On the one hand playing at the top level is what you want but not so much getting to Christmas and only having two wins. The Championship certainly has that ‘you can win any game’ feel which I sometimes get nostalgic for, but it is also incredibly unpredictable.

Out of the two options given, I’d be tempted to take a glorious, boss every game year in the Championship if it meant certain promotion, over a backs to wall year in the PL. But, generally, knowing how unpredictable the Championship is, and how hard it can be to get promoted, I’d take the PL.

You remind me, strangely, of the St Augustine quote about chastity and continence....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Exactly.

I've heard of 'be careful what you wish for' but . . . not being careful about what you wish away really takes the biscuit.

One or two people have surprised me in recent weeks for their hankering for a bygone era, free from VAR, free from Premier League Excess . . . . free from the heat of the kitchen, in fact. The EPL is the big boys' league. We either shape up or flounce. And Britain is not a nation of flouncers.

Oh, hang on....:facepalm:

Just like Plooks you've not appeared to understand the question. It's not asking if you want to stay in the Premier League per se. It's asking if you want to stay up playing shit football or if you are happy to go down playing nice stuff and then continue with that in the Championship.

Neither of you have answered THAT question - and it was originally posed by someone who knows a hell of a lot more about football and writing than my good self, to stir up exactly the sort of debate the two of you seem keen to shift.

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
I like it when we win games - it makes me feel happy.

In our last two outings in the championship we won an average of 26 games per season. In each of our three Premier League seasons we've only won nine.

I don't mind testing our team against the best in the country one in a while but the Championship is more fun in my view.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I love where we are and going toe to toe with the big boys, if we end up back in the Championship I’ll be gutted....until next season starts, when I’ll be very enthusiastic again :shrug:

I will follow this club whichever division we are in, and that will be the only division that I am really interested in. I knew close to **** all about the PL until we got there like I know virtually nothing about the Championship, League One and two now. My only interest in the Championship at the moment is how the relegated teams and The Massive are doing ( my son in laws team)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just like Plooks you've not appeared to understand the question. It's not asking if you want to stay in the Premier League per se. It's asking if you want to stay up playing shit football or if you are happy to go down playing nice stuff and then continue with that in the Championship.

Neither of you have answered THAT question - and it was originally posed by someone who knows a hell of a lot more about football and writing than my good self, to stir up exactly the sort of debate the two of you seem keen to shift.

Apologies. I misunderstood. I shall endeavour to answer your question properly.

I am happy to stay up playing shit football. I will add the caveat that we are not in fact generally playing shit football yet (we did against Bumley, of course), and it is not my aspiration that we start doing so. If, by some magical process, playing shitter that we are now actually meant that we won most of our games and stayed up, I'd take that. I am also limiting my answer to this season only. Not forever and ever, shit every season and always in the EPL; Christ, that would be like Everton, 1990-2015! The absolute shame of it.

I hope that, caveats notwithstanding, I have now answered your question.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Apologies. I misunderstood. I shall endeavour to answer your question properly.

I am happy to stay up playing shit football. I will add the caveat that we are not in fact generally playing shit football yet (we did against Bumley, of course), and it is not my aspiration that we start doing so. If, by some magical process, playing shitter that we are now actually meant that we won most of our games and stayed up, I'd take that. I am also limiting my answer to this season only. Not forever and ever, shit every season and always in the EPL; Christ, that would be like Everton, 1990-2015! The absolute shame of it.

I hope that, caveats notwithstanding, I have now answered your question.

Eloquently :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here