Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Back-up Keeper

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wonder if Scherpen leap frogs Steele into the first team same way Sanchez did? Has he looked decent for the U23s?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He looks okay. Very "green" to be honest. Good handling from crosses, question marks about his kicking from the games I've seen him play. Think Steele is comfortably ahead of him as of now.

And Sanchez miles ahead of both on talent.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He looks okay. Very "green" to be honest. Good handling from crosses, question marks about his kicking from the games I've seen him play. Think Steele is comfortably ahead of him as of now.

And Sanchez miles ahead of both on talent.
Sends shivers down the spine thinking about Steele passing it around the back next game.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
None of them are at Sanchez level but I've seen both have excellent games, so hoping for one of those.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Does anyone have any faith in Steele ? After his horror show in the league cup
Tbh don't think he was that bad. Only made one massive error but hardly a reoccurring theme and Sanchez has been just as bad recently. Can't blame him for pens really.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Can’t be any worse than Sanchez had been for last few games . He seems to be going backwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A young player having a slight dip in form doesnt mean they are going backwards, it means they have slight dip in form.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Maybe use this as an excuse to not fanny about at the back for half the time we have the ball if Sanchez isn’t available

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It will surely be Steele.

An excellent name for an Albion keeper

Though when i've seen him, he looks very much like a keeper who can pull off an unbelievable reflex save then let one trickle through his legs a minute later.

He's got to believe that he can come in and give Potter something to think about after Sanchez 3 game ban has finished :)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It will surely be Steele.

An excellent name for an Albion keeper

Though when i've seen him, he looks very much like a keeper who can pull off an unbelievable reflex save then let one trickle through his legs a minute later.

He's got to believe that he can come in and give Potter something to think about after Sanchez 3 game ban has finished :)

1 game ban

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Having watched Scherpen for the U-23's last night I would select Steele to start at Villa Park.
The big guy looked a bit gangly and unsure with the ball at his feet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here