Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Back-up Keeper

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A young player having a slight dip in form doesnt mean they are going backwards, it means they have slight dip in form.
doogie is probably the most clueless poster on here when it comes to football. He doesn't seem to know anything about the game - best ignored.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sends shivers down the spine thinking about Steele passing it around the back next game.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

It sent shivers down my spine watching Sanchez passing it around at the back yesterday!

He was far too relaxed for my liking and seemed to thank that he had far more time than he actually had. That farce at Anfield last week which almost led to Mane's goal was a case in point, we just got very lucky that the ball hit his arm and the "goal" was ruled out.

Perhaps if we had a more promising second string keeper, his place could be more under threat.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
doogie is probably the most clueless poster on here when it comes to football. He doesn't seem to know anything about the game - best ignored.

That's a very impressive stat if true, because the competition for that award is immense on here sometimes ... particularly on matchday threads!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Maybe they should take into account how many game-minutes the offender has lost when being sent off. Sanchez ' subsequent punishment is the same as someone sent off in the first minute. He should get a two-match ban.

[ducks for cover]

....or the other side of that coin is that someone sent off in the 1st minute will effectively have served a 1 match ban so doesn't need another!! :rolleyes:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Maybe they should take into account how many game-minutes the offender has lost when being sent off. Sanchez ' subsequent punishment is the same as someone sent off in the first minute. He should get a two-match ban.

[ducks for cover]

I have a friend who occasionally follows rules and who think your idea is shit

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I have a friend who occasionally follows rules and who think your idea is shit

I occasionally follow rules and I think my idea is shit. Maybe Steele, Dunk and Sanchez could play 30 minutes each in goal.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We will certainly be in the market for a GK and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a potential number 1. Bob is struggling and we need to take some pressure off to help his development. He’s looking dodgy and wracked with nerves this season despite doing so much right. I suspect this is where we will see a big part of the White money go, maybe even in January. Uğurcan Çakır Seems to be the one we’ve looked at/been linked with most.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We will certainly be in the market for a GK and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a potential number 1. Bob is struggling and we need to take some pressure off to help his development. He’s looking dodgy and wracked with nerves this season despite doing so much right. I suspect this is where we will see a big part of the White money go, maybe even in January. Uğurcan Çakır Seems to be the one we’ve looked at/been linked with most.

Nope

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Steele is good but I loved Grummit and Powney, overall Moseley was the best

“Messaging from a time warp”

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Steele I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

Why, why do we do this all the time, build someone up then make out they are useless if they have a couple of bad games.

Football is so much about confidence and keeper probably more than most, so keep chipping away, I'm sure it will do wonders for his development!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Why, why do we do this all the time, build someone up then make out they are useless if they have a couple of bad games.

Football is so much about confidence and keeper probably more than most, so keep chipping away, I'm sure it will do wonders for his development!

Spot on. No way are we splashing the cash on a new 1st choice keeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Have I said he is even close to useless anywhere in my post? Is March useless because we signed Cucurella?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here